Bob Hoover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Hoover?

Does anyone know how Mr. Hoover is doing? With this years races around the corner, just wondering if he'll be attending.

I was fortunate to be able to see Mr. Hoover fly at Reno for a number of years (there's non better) and in later years he was accessable in the pits. Always pleasent and true gentleman.

Re: Bob Hoover?

The last two years Mr. Hoover has spoken at the Checkred Flag Club, last year he had some "battle damage" resulting from a rear end collision on a freeway (NOT his fault, he was fully stopped) and though his voice was a little feeble his mind was as sharp, his stories as fascinating, and his answers to questions as profound and insightfull as ever. Hope he comes again this year but we all know time runs out for all of us no matter how great.
    Ron Henning

Comment

I wish more people could have seen and or at least heard Bob Hoover speak last year. It was a true honor to be able to be there and then to meet him afterwards was a real blessing. He showed a couple of pictures from the accident, and that guardian angel oh was working overtime on that day. I'm working on something with regards to the talk he gave and a interview that was done afterwards.

LP

Comment

Originally posted by MMPerk View Post
        I wish more people could have seen and or at least heard Bob Hoover speak last year. It was a true honor to be able to be there and then to meet him afterwards was a real blessing. He showed a couple of pictures from the accident, and that guardian angel oh was working overtime on that day. I'm working on something with regards to the talk he gave and a interview that was done afterwards.

LP
        Perk Did Mr Hoover Tell how he came to have and Australian Flag on his flight suite.
        I had the good forturne to see him preform his display in the rockwell commander at airshow down under and it was simply amazing
        If he didnt tell the story last year and you get the chance to see Mr Hoover this year ask him about the Australian Flag he carries on his flight suite

Comment

Agreed, always a good thing seeing him there given he is as much a part of the races as anyone else is.

Comment

Originally posted by luscombe View Post
            Perk Did Mr Hoover Tell how he came to have and Australian Flag on his flight suite.
            I had the good forturne to see him preform his display in the rockwell commander at airshow down under and it was simply amazing
            If he didnt tell the story last year and you get the chance to see Mr Hoover this year ask him about the Australian Flag he carries on his flight suite

He did not talk about that...but if given the chance I will ask about it. I will gladly share what he did talk about...but after I get some much needed sleep. I wonder if back in their day if people like him really knew that they were laying the foundation for the future of aviation and space exploration and what their contributions would come to mean to the rest of the world in our time and for future generations.

Lonnie

Comment

Working...
            X