Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

81 Air Race Pin Needed - Kinda off topic :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 81 Air Race Pin Needed - Kinda off topic :)

So my first year out was 81, and dang it if the pin did not break as i was changing hats awhile back. As such, if anyone happens to have one please ping me so we can hopefully work out an agreement to have it showing on my hat in September.

David

Re: 81 Air Race Pin Needed - Kinda off topic

'81 was my first year too (Go Jeannie!). Unfortunately, I only collected patches, but at least they don't break as easily

Does the break look like something that can be repaired? Pins that old must be getting scarce.

Comment

LOL, might be able to rig it if push comes to shove, but rather see whats out there first......love 81

Comment

There is a booth at the races every year that has all kinds of pins. I picked up one that I had missed or lost. The booth is "Semper Fi". He also has a website and I have had pins made for NAG through that company. Prices are pretty fair. See me at the NAG Shack and I will show you the pins we ordered.
        Betty

PS: RARA has a limited supply of past pins.

Comment

I have also used Semper Fi to replace a broken pin. Replaced one from the 80's last year. Checked their website and it only shows pins from the 90's right now. But I would check with them. They usally have two booths at Reno. One directly behind the main grandstands and the other down by the display area. Their webiste is http://www.semperfimac.net/

Tuffer

Comment

They usually have a great collection of pins on site, it's worth stopping by.
            I have 78-present and he offered me a fortune (to me) for my hat one year.
            Don't wear em anymore, hat got too heavy! I'm in the process of building frames to hold all the pins and patches from 76 on.
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Cool deal and thanks for the advice.

Comment

How well can you solder...You can probably heat it up with a hi powered soldering gun or a mini torch. Just don't melt the whole front side tooo.

It might not take much to solder on a replacement pin..

Cause I ain't selling you mine....

Comment

I have an 81 pin still in the plastic bag.

Norm

Comment

Working...
                  X