buiness idea what do u think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buiness idea what do u think?

i have been a model builder/ air racing fan scince i was 12. and i toke the testors f8f bearcat and made rare bear ala 3 blade. and toke it to reno 2000 and every body liked it. so i was thinking that mabye i could make resin parts that include in one little bag a prop, spinner, wing tips,and canapoy, and tial pice if needed and decals for what year. so if i do rare bear 2009 then you get the spiner,canapoy,wing tips,and tial filet for the back and the decals, so i whant to hear feed back

Re: buiness idea what do u think?

I'd like to see every racer modeled.. One caveat with the Rare Bear (tm) is that the Rare Bear is, unless I'm misinformed, the ONLY unlimited air racer that is actually "trademarked".. in that, you have to be very careful what you create in regards to the Rare Bear (tm).. particularly, if you plan on any marketing of whatever your end product is.

http://rarebear.com/ has some updated graphics of what the airplane will look like this year... A&S Smithsonian has an article coming up soon (unsure which issue, as they are still captioning images) but probably the next one or shortly after Reno.. It will have some "assembled" photos of the Bear, where they put enough panels and parts on the bird to do the photo shoot. These sort of shoots are always challenging, from the photographers ethics standpoint.. Get the shot, break the work cycle... Teams are sometimes cooperative or less than in these circumstances... As long as it does not harm the bottom line, by costing them a day of work for a day of shooting, then the "journalisim" did not affect the outcome of the races..

Very interesting paint scheme this time round tho.. going to be hard as hell to do spot repairs.. (ask Kerch about what paint to use and why)..

Got my fingers crossed, we could have one hell of a race this year, I'd like to see the Bearcat in the mix.. still will be a hell of a race but nobody wants to win without the top contenders either in there or out from trying..

Sorry for long answer to short question. Would love to see your model stuff!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

well im in contact with the pr people at team bear. to get permishion i waiting to hear back from the girl in charge if i don't hear any thing be for reno then i will try and find her. there the base color for bear this year i think is called burple. but when im there i plan to get pic's and find out what kind of paint that is. ps what happend to the people on hear trying to do the same thing?? as me

Comment

Originally posted by BEARCLAW777 View Post
        :....... so i whant to hear feed back
        I know this is casual place, but in any kind of business venture, it's always good to put your best foot forward.
        To that end, you might want to consider spell check
        Punctuation check
        Grammar check....
        Last edited by Apteryx; 08-12-2009, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Apteryx View Post
          I know this is casual place, but in any kind of business venture, it's always good to put your best foot forward.
          To that end, you might want to consider spell check
          Punctuation check
          Grammar check....
          Hey Apteryx, Maybe you might want to consider having a little more CLASS next time, and PM him instead of calling him out on a PUBLIC forum! There's other "knowledgable" fans that also post here and have spelling problems too, did you ever think that they might be a little challenged? Since he's a new poster,(5) hopefully you didn't scare him away..........
          Last edited by t-dub; 08-12-2009, 04:22 PM.
          "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

I doubt that was meant to hurt someone, and it wasn't exactly a secret until Apteryx pointed it out either. Even the typo in the subject title stands out like a sore thumb.

I have admit I found the spelling so bad that the post was painful to read.

No insult intended for anyone, but regardless of one's spelling abilities, it doesn't take any special skills to spell-check one's text before hitting 'submit'. It just takes an effort.

I'm a very good speller and quite literate too, yet being human, I make spelling mistakes and typos too, but I use a spell-checker EVERY time I post, no exception.

Instructing BEARCLAW777 to do likewise was good advice in my book, especially if he is serious about his "BUINESS" ventures. Poor spelling is just one way to turn-off potential investors or partners during communications.

And since it is good advice, others who read the post may benefit from it. That cannot happen with private conversations.

If one cannot accept helpful comments and advice from the public without feeling insulted, then they should not be frequenting public forums, period.

Comment

It probably is the kind of thing that should be discussed via PM... just my humble opinion tho..

Let's not get carried away on this subject, please... With the new board software, installed a while ago, we lost the built in spellcheck mod.. I'm way out of whack sometimes myself spelling and am sure, since the spealcheak went away, I've made more than a few errors.. as do we all...

I was looking at a spellcheck hack but there is a new board version coming up that is so different, I'd not want to take the time, as it would prolly not work with the new version anyway..

Unfortunately, in the list of features for the new board software, I did not see spellcheck. Why, the most expensive MB software you can buy, does not have spell check when it seems to be one of the most popular requests, has always escaped me..

Oh well.. no harm no foul but, please, let's not go further with the back/forth on the where we could correct each other and let the topic drift back on topic..

Thanks in advance!

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks AD,
                No intent to slam anyone there T-Dub. Bearclaw asked for feed back publicly, and I responded in kind. Presentation makes a big difference to many people in doing business, and I thought it should be mentioned, with the opportunity for others to weigh in.
                I checked his age, and he's not a kid, I'm sure he can handle the advice.
                My typing usually sucks, but I'll double check it if it's important.....
                Bearclaw, hope I didn't hurt your feelings, and wish you all the best in your endeavors.

Paul
                Sorry Wayne, we posted about the same time....Said my piece, moving on.............
                Last edited by Apteryx; 08-12-2009, 09:16 PM.

Comment

It's all good. Now back to the regularly scheduled program..........
                  "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

You will have fun and have a tax write off. I had 500 copies of my Air Race coloring book and was lucky to clear 50 cents a copy at $5.00 each. Thanks, KC

Comment

[QUOTE=AAFO_WSagar;72252]I'd like to see every racer modeled.. One caveat with the Rare Bear (tm) is that the Rare Bear is, unless I'm misinformed, the ONLY unlimited air racer that is actually "trademarked".. in that, you have to be very careful what you create in regards to the Rare Bear (tm).. particularly, if you plan on any marketing of whatever your end product is.

"Strega" is registered also...but ANY 1/72 resin racer parts would be welcome to this modeler. High Planes has a Rare Bear with ALL the pieces, but the 3-blade prop has separate blades and spinner and is a BEAR to put together, a 1-piece unit would be awesome. How about a Stretched Sea Fury Canopy like Argonaut or Riff Raff...D.

Comment

keep the ideas running in and i can take any thing. now i am still waiting to hear from the girl that is in charge of the pr of team bear. but if i do this business idea i want to know form you guys what aircraft do u what done i m going for 1/48 stuff. i know that fisher models dose stuff in 1/32. and i think high planes models out of Australia has done a lot of the big players in 1/72 so what planes do u want?? thak god for spell check

Comment

Originally posted by BEARCLAW777 View Post
                          keep the ideas running in and i can take any thing. now i am still waiting to hear from the girl that is in charge of the pr of team bear. but if i do this business idea i want to know form you guys what aircraft do u what done i m going for 1/48 stuff. i know that fisher models dose stuff in 1/32. and i think high planes models out of Australia has done a lot of the big players in 1/72 so what planes do u want?? thak god for spell check
                          The planes are one thing, they can be scratchbuilt, but the Decals are what will make the $$$. How about a Stiletto?...D.

Comment

it might be a good idea to investigate sales numbers. if 1/72 proves to be the most popular size, then it may also prove the most profitable.

Perhaps offerings in both 1/72 and 1/48 would prove good business sense. I haven't seen nearly as many kits available in larger scales than that, though they are out there.

Off-topic section
                            thak god for spell check

Heh-heh. I thank Mozilla. Their Firefox browser has a spell checker built-in, so I never have to do anything extra. If misspell something, it draws an obvious red underline beneath the word. In fact, i see 3 typos in this very text that I have to go back and fix (how the heck did I manage to spell "this" with two "i"'s in it?)

;-)

Back to the modeling topic. Sorry for the brief detour.
                            Last edited by AirDOGGe; 08-14-2009, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X