Will what is up with Voodoo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will what is up with Voodoo?

Bob usually has a couple of updates on the website by now. For that matter what is up with Steadfast and the other O/Ls non racer websites have any new info. Just seems strange this close to race day.

Re: Will what is up with Voodoo?

Originally posted by wyhdah View Post
    Bob usually has a couple of updates on the website by now. For that matter what is up with Steadfast and the other O/Ls non racer websites have any new info. Just seems strange this close to race day.
    It's like poker. No one wants to "reveal their hand" so to speak. I kind of like it. In the old days before the "information highway" of e-mails, internet, etc., we had to actually wait until race week to see who and what showed up. The anticipation level by that time was almost unbearable! Nowadays, we know what's happening almost before it happens! There's nothing like walking onto the ramp on race week not knowing what to expect......
    "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

T your are speaking for those who get to go this year. New baby; No racy.

Comment

Man, Congrats on the baby, but bummer on the "no racy"! I'm one of the lucky ones that lives within 3 miles of the course. I sometimes tend to take that for granted! Being a big auto racing fan and photographer, i know what it's like to have to travel to the races though, as there's no racetracks close by for me during the rest of the year! I have sympathy for you, i think that i would go insane if i couldn't make it to Reno! NOTHING BEATS THE JOY OF A NEWBORN THOUGH!

Comment

T-Dub

Have you checked out the Fernley road course track..I hear it's pretty cool... a Friend of mine rides bikes down there....I hear thier bringing in more and more cars...

And then the new track complex north of Salt Lake City... Miller Motorsports......complex/track.....

Comment

Don't know about what's up with Voodoo but if you go to the TEAM STEADFAST forum on this site Will just did an update. Look for 400.

Comment

Hi guys
              I am not able to discuss the Voodoo program at this stage of the game. I'd love to fill you in but can't.
              I can tell you to watch a certain purple P51 to do great things this year. We are going to be very fast. I discussed the telemetry data last week with the team and once again, I see reason to believe this is the fastest of the 3. Keep watching for updates as I think one should materialize soon.
              We appreciate your interest and support for achieving this years goal of a Sunday Gold win!
              Dont Blink!
              Will Whiteside

Comment

Originally posted by BUD_XXX View Post
                T-Dub

Have you checked out the Fernley road course track..I hear it's pretty cool... a Friend of mine rides bikes down there....I hear thier bringing in more and more cars...

And then the new track complex north of Salt Lake City... Miller Motorsports......complex/track.....
                Yes i have! I used to go out there all of the time for the dirt oval races, and once or twice a year to the road course, mostly for the vintage events. (HMSA, etc.) I'm more of a dirt slinger type than a pavement type, and now that they have closed their dirt track (on the right side of the track pic) do to politics (don't ask! LOL) i don't really go there at all. I haven't been to Miller Motorsports Park yet, that's quite a trek for me, and talking my wife into it would be next to impossible! LOL! Someday..........
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteside View Post
                  Hi guys
                  I am not able to discuss the Voodoo program at this stage of the game. I'd love to fill you in but can't.
                  I can tell you to watch a certain purple P51 to do great things this year. We are going to be very fast. I discussed the telemetry data last week with the team and once again, I see reason to believe this is the fastest of the 3. Keep watching for updates as I think one should materialize soon.
                  We appreciate your interest and support for achieving this years goal of a Sunday Gold win!
                  Dont Blink!
                  Will Whiteside
                  I think you just STOKED everyone's curiosity even MORE Will! I know my anticipation level just went off the chart! Lookin' forward to Reno!.............

Comment

Hmmmm? Race canopy? 2 race motors? Scoopless? 10 more people to help set up the sun shade?

With you and Bob hanging out under the super cool sunshade, it's my favorite pit to hang out at. You guys are always cool. See ya in a few weeks.
                    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Wow, another contender stepping up to the plate?

Comment

My little girl will be here in a week or two.... I'm still going. Does that make be a bad parent or a die hard race fan??? J/k.

But the wife is totally jealous. She hates missing a day of racing. I'm sure she will make it next year though. We will have to see how a 1 year old does at the races. Might have to bring the motorhome.

Congrats on the new baby. I'm almost there.
                        My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Motorhome is probably a must! Reno is a pretty harsh environment (sun, noise, etc.) for a newborn. Gotta start Reno's next generation out young though!

Comment

I started taking both of my girls when they were very young. We take ear protection, a big blanket for the ground, and an umbrella for shade. Couple that with some stuff to do (crayons, leapster, etc.) and they are all set. They love the racing and the airshow, but they aren't big fans of the military demos. The jets are just too loud.

Yes, I'm the guy carrying all that c##p that you see...

And yes, they're hooked...

Russ

Comment

One of my earliest childhood memories is hiding under a sleeping bag with my hands over my ears screaming bloody murder while planes flew over us when we were out on the back of the course.

Comment

Working...
                              X