Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasabi Oshkosh Forum Thank you

Hey guys

Just wanted to thank everyone who made it out for the first ever Wasabi Air Racing Forum at Oshkosh. It was alot of fun and we really appreciate the support.

Thanks Again,
    Elliot Seguin
    Wasabi Air Racing
    Attached Files

Re: Wasabi Oshkosh Forum Thank you

Originally posted by laminar View Post
    Just wanted to thank everyone who made it out for the first ever Wasabi Air Racing Forum at Oshkosh. It was alot of fun and we really appreciate the support.
    Elliot, Man, I wish I could have made it! Last two weeks are but a blur right now. I believe I was back at the rental house when someone mentioned Gunthar's forum and the thought flashed that I wished I could not be at the house, but be at both of them..

Alas.. mobility was a real issue for me this year, as I messed up my knee within the first few days there. Went to the "dock in a box" (immediate care) in Oshkosh and got only anti-inflammatory and pain medication, plus a "brace" to keep it stable. It made me able to tolerate life a bit better (no more constant nagging extreme pain) but I still was pretty well unable to walk far...

Anyway.. just wish I could have been there! Did you stop by the tent where I was working? We had a real cluster time getting any identification on the damn thing due to some planning, versus reality issues.. with our signage... only having something up on the last of the second to the last and last day there..

Anyway.. did you manage to get video??
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

That knee stuff doesn't sound like fun. Those volunteer doctors they have there sure are a great resource though.

No video, we were counting on a friend to produce a camera after we forgot ours and his ended up not making it to the show either. To be honest I was pretty nervous for the first half, Burt came in (which I hadn't expected), and there is alot of stuff in the first half about about scaled and about his brother from when I worked with his brother at XCOR. It just seemed wierd to stand in front of Burt and describe what I did to get hired by his company, and then talk about what I do for him at his company. Its sort of like that with any of those things, if its not your information no matter how many times you get it checked out by your superiors you still worry your going to say something that someone would rather you werent talking about. Anyway as usual once I got through the scaled stuff and the nemesis stuff and got to the Wasabi stuff (the last half of the talk), I was pretty comfortable, and I think I rounded it out well, and people seemed pleased. Anyway, I would be willing to give the talk again with a camera present, if the opportunity presented itself.

Comment

That knee stuff doesn't sound like fun. Those volunteer doctors they have there sure are a great resource though.
        Oh darn... I never even thought about that! I actually stayed off it for one entire day (did not go to the show) and had to wait till everyone came back from the show (eight of us, actually 10 but two stayed in different locations) with one of the cars we had so I could go to the local "In System" provider for my health insurance. Took over two hours to finally spend 5 mins with the doctor who immediatly diagnosed my problem and said he could only make it tolerable.. (more to fix it than we can do without surgery)... never even thought of the fact there are docs there at the event!!

No video, we were counting on a friend to produce a camera after we forgot ours and his ended up not making it to the show either.
        Darn, I've got a pretty decent digital video camera, bought a wireless mic for it a while back, even has a second wired mic so that someone else can speak on same track and be heard equally well.. wish I'd have brought it and gotten it into your hands.. I knew I was going to be too busy all week to do much other than do what I was hired for.. didn't realize that what I was hired for was going to wreak such havoc on my knee though!

To be honest I was pretty nervous for the first half, Burt came in (which I hadn't expected), and there is alot of stuff in the first half about about scaled and about his brother from when I worked with his brother at XCOR. It just seemed wierd to stand in front of Burt and describe what I did to get hired by his company, and then talk about what I do for him at his company.
        Over the years, I've had several "jobs" that required me to speak in public.. each time I do it, my inwardly shy, wallflower inner personality, makes me feel physically ill and I can hardly believe I've let myself get into the position I'm in at the moment I'm doing it.. However, I must do it fairly well because others think I'm fairly good at it and never realize I'm dying inwardly when I'm doing it. You probably came off very well and I doubt anyone knew what you were feeling at the time...

Anyway, I would be willing to give the talk again with a camera present, if the opportunity presented itself.
        Well.. We are trying to revamp the "talk radio" portion of this site.. harder to do video from my location to yours.. though, there are some new innovations (Skype Video comes to mind) which might allow us to actually go video as well as radio with this feature.. Let's see where all this goes over the next few months. I'm revamping my outlook on what I want to do with the rest of my life, how I go about supplimenting my pension income and how, perhaps, this site might fit into that "model"..

Making it the "world class" on-line publication it used to be, might garner us the level of sponsorship/partnership that we need to make it work like I'd like to see it work.. meaning, it supports itself, rather than me shagging my ass off with outside projects.. such as what I do at Oshkosh and other shows.. to pay for the server and whatever else is necessary to make this "show" work..

crawling back into my after show depression cave....
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Team Wasabi is ready and willing to help AAFO continue to be the great source for air racing on the web

Comment

Working...
          X