FIFI & LIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIFI & LIL

Was inspired by Bill's FIFI thread, to dig into the Dawsonian photo archives & share some shots of these two large & lovely CAF gals on duty at Reno '97 NCAR.

Takeoffs were from Monday departures, and the others are from Saturday's flight around the Unlimited racecourse at sundown - shown turning Outer 8 Pylon onto the main straitaway (-likely the closest we'll ever get to seeing 'heavies' engaged in a- 'Bomber Race' at Reno )

These Big Birds looked (& 'sounded'!) totally awesome!!!

DBD

(Sorry I didn't have time to address the slide emulsion pinhole flaws in a couple of the pics)
    Attached Files

Re: FIFI & LIL

Bucky, you are the man, great way to start off a Sunday
    "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Totally fraking awesome!!!

Thanks,

LP

Comment

Originally posted by sierra fox View Post
        Bucky, you are the man, great way to start off a Sunday
        Ditto for sure! This was just before I started coming to the races, but I sure heard about it. Great pics as always.

Matt
        Super Genius Rocket Scientist
        NCAR Rocks!!!

Comment

All awesome shots as usual Bucky, but the first is my favorite
          Thanks for sharing
          Russ
          Knotty Girl Crew

Comment

That WAS a good day, Bucky! I thought I was seeing things when they beat up the course! Thanks for posting!

Reminds of an incident a few years prior. I lived in Lancaster CA, at the time, and I was outside doing something and FiFi and D'Lil flew over heading south to Camarillo, IIRC. (Of course, I had no camera.) No sooner than they cleared the airspace, a brand new B-2A was overhead working the Plant 42 pattern!

My how far the technology in war-machines has come....

It was/is a good day, INDEED!
            Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Thank you kind sir's for the shots had to be awe inspiering and a white nuckel ride for the B29 pilot I read a story somewere that there was a ball gauge on the panel somewere that if you turn and nose up too fast or long the plane would do a HIGH SPEED stall? think it was the same deal with the P40,It's deal was the narow tail section I think read about in one for the warbird mags or both

Comment

Working...
              X