Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bear news...

Howdy to all,

A rare photo shows the true nature of Rare Bear's propeller problems last year. You can clearly see in the picture that Rare Bear was suffering from the very rare disease known as DPS. (Droopy Prop Syndrome)

LP

Re: Rare Bear news...

ahhh... The Bear looks so sad....

Comment

Man, that desert heat in Stead wilts everything, eh?

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 08-01-2009, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Looks like The Bear could use a little blue pill ;-)

Matt
        Super Genius Rocket Scientist
        NCAR Rocks!!!

Comment

could be the new simytar look!!!

Comment

what program did you use for it
            http://www.rarebear.com

chris

Comment

Originally posted by RB77fan View Post
              what program did you use for it
              What I believe happened, and correct me if I'm wrong, is a phenomenon caused by the way certain cell phone cameras actually take a picture. I know on an iPhone, which I think this picture was taken with, the image is actually scanned into the phone from one side to the other. So the time it takes to complete that process is what causes the distortion. Makes sense to me anyway when I analyze the movement of the prop.

Comment

Originally posted by holmes9 View Post
                What I believe happened, and correct me if I'm wrong, is a phenomenon caused by the way certain cell phone cameras actually take a picture. I know on an iPhone, which I think this picture was taken with, the image is actually scanned into the phone from one side to the other. So the time it takes to complete that process is what causes the distortion. Makes sense to me anyway when I analyze the movement of the prop.
                Ever since I took that picture, I've been quietly wondering about that. And yes, I did use my Iphone. There's a story to go along with it. I had a media vest on, and two great cameras with me, plus another photog along with me with their two cameras. But I set all of the gear that I had down and I went out to prop line holding up my cell taking a picture of Rare Bears run. I really thought nothing of it, but on the other hand, the photog that was with me couldn't believe that with all of the gear that we had I went running out there with the media vest on and a cell phone in my hand. Poor Naomi wanted to crawl under the cart and hide...LOL

It's worth the laugh when we talk about it now...

LP

Comment

Cool Picture! Kinda looks like someone put a extra large pair of Groucho Marx glasses on the Bear.

Comment

I had something similar happen on some NASCAR photos I took from the fence at the start/finish line using my iPhone.

In this picture, the image was scanned from top to bottom. The trucks were moving fairly quickly, so rather than getting a motion blur effect if it were processing the image as a whole for a set amount of time, you get this sort of distortion.

Probably more than anyone cares to know about this topic, but hey, not all that often that I get to post something here that I actually know something about.

Comment

"dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

I've experienced similar prop effects with my old Canon film SLR. It's shutter curtain travels from left to right as it exposes the image on the film.

Comment

Yep, I've had the same effect using my old Minolta SLR from back in the day.

Voodoo from 2000

Jason
                          Jason Schillereff

Comment

Very cool shots...thanks for posting.

Very interesting subject this has turned into.

LP

Comment

So are they going to replace it with this old one???
                              Last edited by J.SMITH; 10-30-2009, 01:46 PM.
                              Jay Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X