Jesse James is a dead man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesse James is a dead man

Don't forget that this Sunday at 10pm on Spike TV the 'Reno Air Race' episode is on.
    Jason
    Jason Schillereff

Re: Jesse James is a dead man

You guys know he has a pilot ticket he can fly al be it not well but he does fly,and he did 9 G's in a F18 he could bring alot of good to the sport

Comment

Jesse is dead to me after he took a pristine anglia, had his team mod it, and then crushed it because a problem with a complete engine (fault of vendor) prevented it from starting within the time limit of the project while insulting some of the biggest names in drag racing for something that wasn't their fault.

Comment

Originally posted by h34race View Post
        You guys know he has a pilot ticket he can fly al be it not well but he does fly,and he did 9 G's in a F18 he could bring alot of good to the sport
        G-lim on the hornet is 7.5 he did his back seat ride in an F-16. Does he have a PPL?
        CFI/CFII/MEI
        www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com
        www.InvertedCast.com - InvertedCast, The All Aviation Podcast!

Comment

IcePaq:

That's the way I feel about the govt. crushing thousands of perfectly servicable aircraft over the last 50 years. Imagine all the airplanes that got the chopping blade thru the backbone.....Uhhhhhhhh! And just try and find any B-29 parts nowadays....You think finding P-51 parts is tough.....!

Comment

Originally posted by BUD_XXX View Post
            IcePaq:

That's the way I feel about the govt. crushing thousands of perfectly servicable aircraft over the last 50 years. Imagine all the airplanes that got the chopping blade thru the backbone.....Uhhhhhhhh! And just try and find any B-29 parts nowadays....You think finding P-51 parts is tough.....!
            How about the "clunker credit" that our wonderful new Gov't admin. is pushing through the U.S. automakers! Better buy 'em now boys, before the classics are all gone.............
            Last edited by t-dub; 07-30-2009, 10:21 AM.
            "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

i looked on www.tvguide.com for sunday night and it said,,, "The host takes to the air to try to break a speed record in a WWII-era fighter plane". ,,,that's what it said, does anybody have ANY idea what they are talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by tex-fan View Post
                i looked on www.tvguide.com for sunday night and it said,,, "The host takes to the air to try to break a speed record in a WWII-era fighter plane". ,,,that's what it said, does anybody have ANY idea what they are talking about?
                They "forgot" to mention it's from the back seat of a stocker Mustang and he's just along for the ride.

Comment

here's another link. http://www.spike.com/blog/autopsy-reno-air/84455 , oh brother

Comment

Lady Jo is a TF, isn't it? I found at least five things wrong with that summery.
                    Last edited by race9; 07-30-2009, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tex-fan View Post
                      here's another link. http://www.spike.com/blog/autopsy-reno-air/84455 , oh brother
                      You've got to be kiddin' me! What a crock of SH-T! What speed record? 325 mph? Instrument flying on the racecourse? RIGHT! He's gonna be a backseat driver with little to no input on the flying. On the bright side, maybe the exposure will generate some interest in the air races by people that don't know anything about them...............

Comment

Come'on guys/gals.. this is "showbiz" and whatever anyone like Jessie does with a show like this that gets the public excited about airplanes going fast close to the ground at RENO is a good thing.

I completely understand the educated race fan's inablity to stomach anything that isn't 100% real in this realm but we've simply got to live with folks efforts to bring in fans!

Odegaard tried it with Thunder Over Reno and we trashed him.. Jessie is trying it now and we're trashing him..

Ever wonder why no one in show biz wants to touch air racing with a 1/4 mile stick?

Days of Thunder was a joke to the NASCAR fan but it grew the sport 1000's of times over what it was to the point, NASCAR guys now have to sleep in their friggin driving suits! They can't go ANYWHERE and not wear the darn things..

There are probably less than 100 Americans who don't know what NASCAR is.. or, at the very least, knows *about* NASCAR and would say "YES" to a survey made by sponsors as to if they'd heard about it, or would go to an event if one were held close to them..

Please, step back a foot or two and look at the big picture here...

Thanks...

Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

i hear what your saying wayne, BUT, jessie james is no tom cruise, and a 1 hour deal on spike is no full lenght feature film. but, point taken, i'll do my part to tone it down.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                            Come'on guys/gals.. this is "showbiz" and whatever anyone like Jessie does with a show like this that gets the public excited about airplanes going fast close to the ground at RENO is a good thing.

I completely understand the educated race fan's inablity to stomach anything that isn't 100% real in this realm but we've simply got to live with folks efforts to bring in fans!

Odegaard tried it with Thunder Over Reno and we trashed him.. Jessie is trying it now and we're trashing him..

Ever wonder why no one in show biz wants to touch air racing with a 1/4 mile stick?

Days of Thunder was a joke to the NASCAR fan but it grew the sport 1000's of times over what it was to the point, NASCAR guys now have to sleep in their friggin driving suits! They can't go ANYWHERE and not wear the darn things..

There are probably less than 100 Americans who don't know what NASCAR is.. or, at the very least, knows *about* NASCAR and would say "YES" to a survey made by sponsors as to if they'd heard about it, or would go to an event if one were held close to them..

Please, step back a foot or two and look at the big picture here...

Thanks...

Point well taken Wayne, but my concern is that the show (and Jesse) are gonna blow this thing WAY out of proportion, making it seem like it's the MOST reckless and dangerous thing in the world, which ends up being detrimental to the sport, because we'll have uneducated people coming out of the woodwork trying to put a stop to such foolish behavior! (Don't laugh, it's happening all around us everyday) I wouldn't have a problem with it if they were to educate the viewers on just what safety measures are REALLY taken, and the procedures that are required to participate in said events. But i don't think they will! Have you ever watched his show? Nuff said. Mark my words, they're gonna make it seem like these race pilots are a bunch of CRAZY lunatics that are putting themselves and others in unessesary harm's way! Is that GOOD for the sport??? I think not. The portrait that Days of Thunder and Bob Odergaard painted was one of excitement and romance, not lunacy and danger...........OK I'm stepping off of my soapbox now....... Carry on!............

Comment

So I am a fan of Jesse James. He is an amazing craftman and seems to be a generally good person. This serious however is a joke. It has been one poser attempt to prove he can be the best at everything and mostly he has been middle of the pack at best. Last Sunday he totally failed to complete the motorcycle event he claimed he would front of the pack in.

This air racing episode makes me wonder just how they can spin what he'll be doing. Clearly there is no record he can set. I expect it will be a lot of hype and spin with no substance. If it lets more folks know there is a race at Reno every year maybe there could be some good from it but mostly I expect to be shouting at the TV alot when this airs.

As to the Reno movie, it was panned because it it took too many liberties with the racing to make it what someone thought would be a good movie. In the end it got both things wrong. There have been some great movies made about racing that stayed true to the "racing" part. Madison, for example about hydroplane racing, Wind about sailing and Worlds Fastest Indian showed off the salt flats come to mind.

Michele

Comment

Working...
                              X