Rouch and a Griffin engine???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rouch and a Griffin engine???

I'm watching Ride on the discovery channel and its about Rouch engines and cars. Their is an interview with Rouch and in the back ground their is a Griffin engine (no plane just the engine).
    hmmm... make one wonder

Re: Rouch and a Griffin engine???

he is at the races all the time and has been involved to some degree with a couple superstang's engine programs. He also owns a couple Mustangs.

did you not know this?

Comment

Roush is an FAA approved overhaul shop. That man is doing quite a bit to make sure the P51 fleet keeps flying so our kids and grandkids can enjoy. If you ever have a chance to meet him, make sure and thank him for his efforts.
      F1 Race 98 & 99

Comment

Most people on this board already know Rousch is involved with warbirds and Reno. I think the original post was more in regards to a Griffon being there. It's pretty well known that he makes Merlin parts already...is he into, or getting into Griffons as well?

Comment

Ahh got it..

Comment

Hmmmmm, Roush/Destephani. Could a Griffon be in Strega's future??? I know that Tiger had a couple stashed in back of the hanger at one time............
            "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
              he is at the races all the time and has been involved to some degree with a couple superstang's engine programs. He also owns a couple Mustangs.

did you not know this?
              lol, yes I did know this.

I just didnt know he had or was doing anything with Griffins.

Comment

Originally posted by t-dub View Post
                Could a Griffon be in Strega's future???
                I think Tiger is quite enjoying that super slick airframe he has with the (Merlin) witch.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Ken from PG; 07-24-2009, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken from PG View Post
                  I think Tiger is quite enjoying that super slick airframe he has with the (Merlin) witch.
                  You're right Ken, but i can still dream...........

Comment

As much as I LOVE the Griffon Mustangs that would be the fastest and most expensive way of taking Strega out of competition!
                    It would be super cool to see someone with bucks head down that road though, or see Precious get a hopped up motor and the backing to make it go-go. I don't see gold for PM though.
                    Personally I think the day of the Griffon powered conversions is past, the speeds attainable with all that prop and airframe plumping eclipsed by Dago, Strega, Bear, Fury, etc. I thought Miss Ashley was on the right track with little "Mustang" left and more put into an airframe built to optimize the engines potential.
                    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

My idea would be to replace all of the complicated and problematic counter-rotating crap with a 5-blade system, ala Supermarine Spitfire. PM would obviously be the perfect choice for this, Strega would require to many major changes. I think the mixmaster set-up actually limits speed capability though, and a single prop would be more efficient. I know it's a far-fetched dream, but it's one i would like to see someone try someday.............

Comment

Working...
                      X