FHC Flyday P-47 & BF-109

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FHC Flyday P-47 & BF-109

Another Flyday featuring two of Paul Allens collection. The photography was a bit of a challenge due to taxiway construction vehicles being in the way. I have several shots of dumptrucks and front-loaders hiding a plane.

You may recognize John Penny flying the -109. I didn't catch the name of the P-47 pilot...

Enjoy!

Danno

p.s. Was Funflyr out there this week? If so, I missed you...
    Attached Files

Re: FHC Flyday P-47 & BF-109

Originally posted by Danno View Post
    Another Flyday featuring two of Paul Allens collection. The photography was a bit of a challenge due to taxiway construction vehicles being in the way. I have several shots of dumptrucks and front-loaders hiding a plane.

You may recognize John Penny flying the -109. I didn't catch the name of the P-47 pilot...

Enjoy!

Danno
    Very nice! Thanks for sharing!!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Danno, Yes I was there in my usual spot. See you next week. Rad

Comment

Thanks, all of you here make for great desk top pictures, KC
        Last edited by KAHNZILLA; 11-17-2009, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Those are GREAT illustrations KC!
          "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Now there's a pair you dont see flying everyday

Thanks
            "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

The 3/4 view shot of the jug is pretty amazing.

Someday I am going to make it up there for one of those fly days.

Comment

The 47 was flown by Greg Anders. (Double Thunderbolt pilot.)
                Norm

Comment

Hello to Wayne and all other contributors to the board, as a warbird fan I stop here every night to catch up with the new posts and photos. I have also learnt heaps about all sorts of aircraft detail from all the people "in the know' on here so thought it about time I got registered and contributed to the board as well.
                  The awesome photos of the BF109 were just so cool, not something we see very often and with John Penny at the stick as well. Is this a Benz powered 109, it has the lower exhausts and the crank line looks fairly high so is it the inverted Benz motor?.

Comment

Yes, she is DB powered and of course an " E " variant. Rad

Comment

Originally posted by KAHNZILLA View Post
                      Thanks, all of you here make for great desk top pictures, KC
                      Those are awesome KC!
                      Matt
                      Super Genius Rocket Scientist
                      NCAR Rocks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NZwarbirdfan View Post
                        Hello to Wayne and all other contributors to the board, as a warbird fan I stop here every night to catch up with the new posts and photos. I have also learnt heaps about all sorts of aircraft detail from all the people "in the know' on here so thought it about time I got registered and contributed to the board as well.
                        The awesome photos of the BF109 were just so cool, not something we see very often and with John Penny at the stick as well. Is this a Benz powered 109, it has the lower exhausts and the crank line looks fairly high so is it the inverted Benz motor?.
                        Welcome aboard- lots of great people and awesome photography, real easy to lose track of time
                        Russ
                        Knotty Girl Crew

Comment

Hey NZWarbird Fan glad to see another addicted kiwi on here... im pretty sure that the FHC's 109e was orignally destined for Wanaka and the AFC before Sir Tim's Accident in the Mk XIV spitfire
                          race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Hi Kiwiracefan
                            I will be heading to Wanaka next year for sure. I seen your photos on here of Omaka, I must of been standing pretty close to you on the southern fence where the Corsair and Spit were parked up. Here a few cell phone photos I took on the Saturday, sorry no camera but still not to bad.
                            That Mk9 of the the Deere family was just superb, Keith Skilling flew it on Saturday, he displayed it brilliantly!. Pity they didn,t have a helicopter section at reno for Tim and the other venison boys, lol
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X