Nampa Photo Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nampa Photo Thread...

Just some random shots from the fine weekend Warbird gathering down in Nampa Idaho. Great selection of North American Aviation products there -- some seldom seen out here in the West, and a couple just seldom seen in public at all.

Re: Nampa Photo Thread...

Great pics Neal,

i love the first one with the T-6, T-28, P-51 & B-25 together
    race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
        Thanks!

Wow! Somebody should buy that and convert it into a racer. You could put radiators in the leading edges of the wings, remove the scoop, and clip the wings REALLY short. Maybe even get Skip to fly it.

Wait.

Nevermind.

Comment

Neal just wonderng if you have any shots of that P-51B flying, thats one mustang I haven't seen.

Comment

It has not flown yet. It is finished and has had engine runs, but is waiting for the final paperwork from Washington. John-Curtiss says it could still be a few weeks before all is in place. It is a beautiful airplane -- not only is it olive drab, but the finish is very flat, rather than all shiny. I think it looks great! I also like that it honors a local Idaho hero -- thus the name.

Comment

A few random shots from Nampa.
              Attached Files

Comment

Another airplane I had not seen before was the TF-51D Mad Max, flown for the show by John Muszala...

Comment

Is Li'l Margaret still owned by Butch Schroeder?
                  Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                  World Speed Record Holder

Comment

As far as I know, yes...

Comment

Yes, Butch still owns the airplane and was gracious enough to allow John Lane to fly it out here just for our "Salute To North American Aviation" event at the Warhawk Air Museum. This is the farthest West it's ever been and we are incredibly grateful to Butch as well as John and Nancy Lane who sponsored the cost to get the airplane to Nampa. Not to mention the time it took John to fly it out here from Danville! It was the highlight of the event and a true honor to have it on display.

Thank you Butch, John and Nancy!!

JC
                      Last edited by JCP; 07-19-2009, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Neal all your photos are outstanding, but I can not stop looking at "Boise Bee" that Mustang is finished in perfect marking of Captain Duane Beeson plane it's just beautiful! I think the stock canopy looks much better then the Malcolm Hood that the last two P-51Bs' restorations were finished with. Can't wait to see it fly hope for all the best on the first test flight.

Comment

JCP,

I was absolutely blown away by the generosity from everyone who participated, and hosted the gathering. Your efforts to host this event was nothing short of spectacular. What a great show of support from everyone who attended the event. It was an absolute joy to see, and hear Col. Bud Anderson speak. For anyone who has the opportunity to make a trip to the Idaho area, you really need to stop in at the Warhawk Museum, and see the incredible collection of war memorabilia they have. Donantions pour into the museum daily from local residence and the collection thrives. I look forward to future events held at Nampa, and enjoy the new friends I have made there. Thank you again JC for making an outsider feel welcome.

Dave

Comment

This is John-Curtiss Paul...

Comment

Great bunch of pics as always Neal. Thanks for sharing them with the rest of us.
                              Matt
                              Super Genius Rocket Scientist
                              NCAR Rocks!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X