Wasabi Oshkosh Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasabi Oshkosh Forum

Hey guys just wanted to make sure anyone who might be in oshkosh on thursday knows about the Wasabi Forum we will be doing. I will be telling the story of getting to Mojave, finding the Cassutt, finishing it, flight testing it and getting it to Reno last year. I will have some t-shirts and other goodies, it would be nice to meet some of the AAFO'ers if people are going to be around.

Fly High, Fly Slow, Turn Left?
    An engineers perspective on becoming an air race pilot
    Thursday 7/30/09
    1:00-2:15 004 Forums Pavilion

see you there!
    Race 68
    Wasabi Air Racing
    Attached Files

Re: Wasabi Oshkosh Forum

Elliott,

I'll be out of the country during OSH so won't be able to make it this year - good luck with the Forum, great idea!
    F1 Race 98 & 99

Comment

That is so cool Elliott. I wish we could go. I would love to hear your story. Have a great time! Maybe we will see you in Shafter before Reno?
      Kathleen

Comment

I will be there on Thursday. I will try to remember to swing by.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Sorry, but as much as I would like to hear your lecture, you are in conflict with Gunther Rall's lecture on the ME-109, I think.....

7/30/2009 - 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM - 031 Warbirds In Review
            ME-109E and Hispano 109 - ME-109E and Hispano 109 owned by the Russell Aviation Group and Cavanaugh Flight Museum.
            Presented by: Gunther Rall

Comment

Cool.. I'm going to be at Osh the entire week (and more) but will be working for an exhibitor.. Unsure of free time as of right now but will for sure try to get by...

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote Chris View Post
                Sorry, but as much as I would like to hear your lecture, you are in conflict with Gunther Rall's lecture on the ME-109, I think.....

7/30/2009 - 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM - 031 Warbirds In Review
                ME-109E and Hispano 109 - ME-109E and Hispano 109 owned by the Russell Aviation Group and Cavanaugh Flight Museum.
                Presented by: Gunther Rall
                oooh thats a bummer

Comment

Would it be possible to have someone record your forum and then have Wayne post it here?
                  I would love to hear the whole story!

Comment

Sounds like a great presentation, Elliot.

('Formal' or 'casual' dress recommendations for attendees? - Knowing the Midwest climate this time of year, suspect the latter...you know I just had to ask!)

Saving the scheckles for the big trip to Reno from Alaska, so I can't be there, unfortunately. Hope your program will be a winner, and that it gets documented on video, so those of us unable to attend will be able to enjoy it afterwards.

DBD
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting that picture Bucky

I am game for recording the presentation and posting it online, haha, it'll motivate me to run through it a few more times before blasting out there

Comment

Posting the presentation would be great.....! The trouble with Oshkosh is that there are so many forums and airshows going on at the same time
                        its hard to pick and chose....I have seen Gunther Rall Lecture before but I just gotta have a picture of him in front of that ME-109...and he is so funny....when he was sitting with "Shorty", the guy whow shot off his thumb and shot him down, he leans over and says in his German accent, "Shorty, do you have my thumb?" Then, when the announcer asks him if he ever has flown a B-17, he says, "Noooooo, but I have been around them...." Then, the announcer asks him since he went to a German air base and flew all of the allied fighters, what his favorite one was, he says "The P-51! It has a self starter....!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X