Nevada County AirFest 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nevada County AirFest 2009

What a GREAT little show! The light is pretty much awesome all day long, the flying is RIGHT THERE in front of you and the variety or aircraft that take to the skies (and those that don't) is something else. Everything from ultralights and Light Sport to the Heavy Iron.
    Big Kudo's to the guys and gals that put this show on

BTW... the title of the thread SHOULD be "Nevada County AirFest 2009"... I can't figure out a way to change it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Stevo; 07-11-2009, 09:34 PM. Reason: Brian Fart
    Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
    My Photos
    My Ride

Re: Nevada County AirFest 2009

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
    BTW... the title of the thread SHOULD be "Nevada County AirFest 2009"... I can't figure out a way to change it.
    Fixed'd 'er Stevo..

Managed to get to Nevada City a few years ago, when the 4th fell on the weekend of the show. Tommy flew CM, Couches flew their stable...

Parker and a few of us orbited in "PhotoSeneca" for a few hours.. The O'Brieans... (kill me for spelling guys!!") pulled off a great show..

Actually, one of the completely un-sung shows in the USA.. it just has something special!

Wish I could have been there this year...
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

One thing I noticed and deeply appreciated...the announcers didn't talk through every flyby...and when they did talk, they plugged the air races often.

LP
      Last edited by MMPerk; 07-16-2009, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Wayne, thanks for taking care of the thread name.
        I'm not totaly sure what the O'Brian's involvment is with the Nevada County even is but I do know I see them running around everywhere heavily involved in making sure the show is a class act. I ALSO see them every year at the NCAR so maybe their involvment has something to do with all the props thrown Reno's direction
        Either way, I'm glad I was able to attend this years AirFest...
        What a show!
        Attached Files
        Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
        My Photos
        My Ride

Comment

I talk to Brain at PRS and he told me that him and his brother are the ones who put the show on. Shawn

Comment

They do a bang up job!! My hat is off to them.

LP

Comment

The same P-51 at Shafter in 2008 without the tanks. Ill post my photos of Nc in a bit.
              Last edited by GRNDP51; 11-17-2009, 06:32 PM.
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                The same P-51 at Shafter in 2008 without the tanks. Ill post my photos of Nc in a bit.
                Hey GRNDP51, Did you find a new camera that worked for you? Hope my input helped you out.........
                "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Ya i did. I got mine for over 300 so i had a bigger span. I love mine
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Cool! Happy shooting!

Comment

Here are my pics.
                      Last edited by GRNDP51; 11-17-2009, 06:32 PM.
                      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

COOL! Thanks for posting those GRNDP51!

Comment

Great pictures, thanks for sharing!
                          Kathleen

Comment

Same here!

"dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Great shots everyone!! I found myself putting my long lens back in the car, it was just like wow...we were so close that I didn't feel that I needed. It did come in handy though. I need to get something along the lines of 70-300mm I think, just for such events. Anyway here are a few of mine. I took the advice of fellow photog Josh and used this event to really play with the shutter speed. I droped it lower than I've done before. Needless to say, I got less keepers, but I stepped out of my comfort zone. Not that I'll try such things come September.

So without more delay...here are a few of mine. I really need to talk to the right people so I can get out on the ramp next time.

Lonnie

Getting to see Tom and Ken again was a true blessing. They are a great family and getting to see and talk to them made my trip to the AirFest complete. I can't wait to see CM back on it's feet.

Here's a link to some more...http://www.pbase.com/lonrob/nvcnty09
                              Last edited by MMPerk; 07-16-2009, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X