Reno 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno 2009

Even though a few of the major players are more than likely not going to be at this years event, it's still shaping up to be a great year. Ponder this: For the inline brigade, defending champ Strega is returning with an outstanding young rookie who has great family lineage from a father and teacher who is one of the best sticks around. Voodoo is returning with racing canopy/turtledeck back on, and possible other changes, piloted by sophmore driver (for Voodoo) and all around great guy Will Whiteside. Dan Martin is returning this year, not with Dago, but with his unbelievably fast, and always a contender, Ridge Runner III. Then there's the hopeful debut of a racer that's been anticipated for a few years now, the long awaited return of a scoopless mustang to Reno, Galloping Ghost, in the more than capable hands of one of Reno's longest racing, and smoothest flying veterans, Jimmy Leeward. For the radial warriors, Czech Mate looks to be a serious threat, after what was seen at this years PRS. Dreadnaught will be sporting a new 4360 this year, (possible testbed for Furias?) and then of course there's Rare Bear who could (and CAN) spoil it all for everyone. And although probably not a gold contender (yet) maybe, just a wee maybe, we might finally see (i'm hoping) the long awaited debut of Wildfire. That's a pretty big longshot, but you just never know. In the bronze category we have the return of not one, but two P-40's, and possibly a Corsair! Yes ladies and gentlemen, it's going to be another great year!
    "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Re: Reno 2009

Have they flown Wildfire yet? I know they did some taxi tests a couple months ago.

Comment

I believe I saw Tiger in Strega at PRS photo's too... and you know he never gives in until it breaks...what a racer!!!!
      Randy Rheinschild
      www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

Originally posted by rwflyboy View Post
        I believe I saw Tiger in Strega at PRS photo's too... and you know he never gives in until it breaks...what a racer!!!!
        Strega's arrival on Tuesday......
        Attached Files
        "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

It's going to be a great week of racing and it all starts in just 66 days, 16 hours, 24 minutes and 45 seconds !!!
          Matt
          Super Genius Rocket Scientist
          NCAR Rocks!!!

Comment

Working...
          X