VOODOO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOODOO!

Has anyone heard or know anything about Voodoo? Last i heard, the racing canopy and turtledeck were going back on (that was a little while ago) but what about the boil-off system? (i know there were some various issues, like time etc.) Are they going to make it to Reno this year? Any info would be greatly appreciated.......Thanks
    "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

I don't think Bob would get that extreme

since the turtle deck already exists you might see that again but the boil off concept IMHO is too radical to be practical in a mustang.
    Last edited by JET1; 07-02-2009, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Re: VOODOO!

Turtle deck is already back on, has been for awhile.

Comment

Boil-off worked great in Stiletto. before the owner whose name shall not be mentioned butchered the airplane. Plenty of room, and nothing especially radical about it....

Neal

Comment

The race canopy is on and there is no boil off system this year. There is talk however of perhaps doing it for 2010.

Spaghetti

Comment

I don't know why boil-off would be any more radical in a mustang than it would be in any other racer. You have less room than something like a Fury, but it's a simple concept and works well. Stilleto used it and GG is slated to use it.

Comment

Boil off requires room for a cooler, plus fluids to be consumed. The amount of fluids consumed for the boiler is fairly close to that of a radiator and spray bar's requirements, so it's reasonable. The amount of fluid that you need is related to the amount of heat that you are generating with the motor and cooling with the boil off fluid. As long as you can hold the fluid, boiler, and stay in CG, it will work.

Michael
              Last edited by Mluvara; 07-04-2009, 08:20 AM.

Comment

The boiler is the only way to go for racing. It worked flawless in Stilletto. I used less water then with spay bar. 85 gallons was all that was needed for the race and that was a longer course with the planes going slower. Installing the boiler and its systems is a lot of work. I think its a matter of expense!!!

Comment

Is there a way to condense and reuse boiled fluids?
                  Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                  World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Sure, but at the expense of more weight and then of course you need a radiator again (condenser) with an air inlet.

GP

Comment

Working...
                    X