Warbirds in the Northwest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warbirds in the Northwest

On June 20th, the Collings Foundation B-24, and B-17 were at Boeing Field in Seattle. We couldn't afford the rides, but we were there for some pictures.

After that, we headed north to Paine Field in Everett to see a P-40, and an I-16 from Paul Allen's FHC Museum do some flyby's.

Enjoy!

Danno
    Attached Files

Re: Warbirds in the Northwest

Come up to Arlington,WA, July 8 to 12, for their big Fly-In and Airshow to see some more of that sort of thing.
    Go on line to <Arlington Fly-In and Airshow> to see their fantastic line-up of events and performers.
    Betty

Comment

Here's the site addy

cya there

Comment

Great pics... good to see the I-16 strutting its stuff...
        I remember watching a total of 8 polikarpovs in the air together at Warbirds over Wanaka in 2000 and the sight and sounds were amazing
        race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB View Post
          Come up to Arlington,WA, July 8 to 12, for their big Fly-In and Airshow to see some more of that sort of thing.
          Go on line to <Arlington Fly-In and Airshow> to see their fantastic line-up of events and performers.
          Betty
          I'll attest to the quality of the Arlington show! It's been a few years since I've been able to attend but it was great the years that I did go! (Delmar and the GeeBee were even there one year!)

This year, Beer Nazi and I have been gifted an inland passage AK cruise starting the 4th stretching through the event so will be unable to attend.. .

PacNW weather right now is FABLOUS, even at the coast, it's warm and sunny!!

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hey All,
            As an FYI, next time you're up here in the Great Northwest, please feel free to drop me a line as I may be able to add a little something to your travels.

I've been a Docent at the Museum of Flight here in Seattle for 10 years and would welcome the chance to show you around and give you the "Elvis" tour.

In my day job, I work for Paul Allen's private equity holding company, Vulcan Inc. and have done much work for Flying Heritage Collection in the acquistion, restoration, and maintenance of the aircraft FHC. If schedules permit, be glad to take you up to Everett and meet the staff and view the a/c.

Cheers!

Owen
            Last edited by Air Boss; 07-06-2009, 09:47 PM.
            Owen Ashurst
            Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
            http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Awesome pictures! Wish I could have been there!

JayJay

Comment

Working...
              X