Air racin' hits the mall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air racin' hits the mall

The Reno area's latest retail mecca, the Legends mall in Sparks, is now in the process of opening. Aside from the expected trappings, they've thoughtfully included some impressive air racing sculptures in their landscaping. Two pylon-type bases have been built to support colorful representations of the Red Baron and Cloud Dancer in banked turns -- probably close to 25 feet tall overall. At a central tower structure, Dago and Miss America are locked in battle. At least two other pylons have yet to be finished, with one looking like it could include two planes (maybe smaller -- formulas?).

I know that posting something like this to a group of photographers is pretty lame without posting photos, but I was unarmed at the time. I suspect that one or more of the local hotshots will get the shots now, so look for more details to follow.
    ________
    Vaporizers
    Last edited by bill_f; 01-18-2011, 12:56 PM.

Re: Air racin' hits the mall

Not lame at all, I was just over this morning making a delivery and saw them and was thinking the very same thing. All I was armed with was my phone, so no pics from me either.

LP

Comment

Pics or ban!!!!

Comment

No pylon-type base for Rare Bear?humm

Comment

It's all about the Mustang legends.................hehehehehehe! I help in a small way on this project, and am glad to see it finally come together.

Dave

Comment

Oh, sorry, I see.
            So, congratulations and cheers for the Mustang

Comment

I was surprised and very happy to see air racing represented at Legends. It's one more way to introduce people to the greatest event in the area. I didn't take too much time to look around yesterday when I was making the delivery, but I like what I saw. I just hope that Legends and all of the businesses that are a part of it can survive our current economy.

LP

Comment

we should start a thread and it could be a compitition on who can get the best angle shot of both
                http://www.rarebear.com

chris

Comment

Working...
                X