RPMīs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPMīs

How many RPMīs does a racing engine propeller develop? letīs talk about a propeller mounted on a W-3350 or P&W 2800 or Merlin race engine, during clocking around the pylons. Is it possible to know it, or itīs better not to mention it?. I refer to propīs rpm.
    I know about the variables, but Iīm looking for some approximate value, for a ten or twelve feet diameter. How many rpm are they, 1600, 2000, 2400, 2600?.
    Thank you a lot.

Re: RPMīs

SteadFast
    2:1 Nosecase or 1.777:1 Nosecase
    10' propeller diameter
    True Airspeed 400-415 MPH
    D.A. 7600'
    75 deg F
    Tip Mach?

Comment

If I remember correctly, Blind Mans Bluff 3350 Sea Fury, prop RPM was around 1,312 at full speed around pylons. Rare Bear had the other gear reduction nose case, and turned the prop slower. If I am wrong, I am sure someone will correct my numbers.

Larry

Comment

Flying RC models we use video or sound recordings to analyse the flights.
        From this you can tell the RPM of the prop and using doppler shift you can also tell the planes speed.

Would be fun to analyse a few passes from Reno. All you need is a PC and to download the appropriate software which is normally free.

Comment

What can I say? Thank you to all of you.
          Larry
          Will
          Reno_Steve

Comment

Working...
          X