Wildfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildfire

Any word on what's happening at the Wildfire hangar. I know they did some taxing awhile back.

Re: Wildfire

I swapped emails with Bill Statler about 2 weeks ago. Ready for flight testing. They need to get the testing in before Sept (obviously). I asked about PRS. Since pilot is qualified, plane just needs to be at Reno 1 week early for inspection/qualification.
    Mike S
    www.indyairshow.com
    www.indytransponder.com

Comment

I look forward to seeing this racer whenever they get here. Just as long as they only come to Reno when they are truly ready.

LP

Comment

I've been saying this for the past 5-6 years, but here's hoping they make it this year..........
        "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

I hope they don't rush flight-testing just to make it to Reno this year. With such a unique airframe, there has to be a few surprises in store somewhere that should be detected and fixed before it is tried out on a low-altitude race-course at high speed. Every design has it's own gremlins to deal with.

That said, I can't wait to see it airborne. I (and countless others) have been waiting, what, 25 years now?

Best of luck to you, team Wildfire.
          Last edited by AirDOGGe; 06-13-2009, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X