• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a zero

enjoy
    Attached Files

Re: a zero

One of the most beautiful airplanes ever built. Too bad the CAF ruined it with that huge decal on the tail.

Great picture, thanks!

Comment

Looks like they fixed/changed something in the tail wheel as it is now being retracted. For as long as I can remember it always stayed in the down position.
      Jason
      Jason Schillereff

Comment

Good catch on the tail wheel. Two years ago...
        Attached Files
        No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
        http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

I don't understand people's objection to the stickers that the CAF put on. If it helps pay for keeping them flying, then use more stickers. I would much rather see a Zero, or any other warbird for that matter, flying with a sticker on the side than parked without it.
          CAF seems to be a target for this type of complaints, although, I think, it was at POF show this year that had a T-33 with WWW.AIRSHOWBUZZ.COM on the side. And don't forget the Collins Foundation B-24 with one side covered in signatures.
          I think the pics of the Zero a really nice, especially taken in the air where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigby View Post
            I don't understand people's objection to the stickers that the CAF put on. If it helps pay for keeping them flying, then use more stickers. I would much rather see a Zero, or any other warbird for that matter, flying with a sticker on the side than parked without it.
            CAF seems to be a target for this type of complaints, although, I think, it was at POF show this year that had a T-33 with WWW.AIRSHOWBUZZ.COM on the side. And don't forget the Collins Foundation B-24 with one side covered in signatures.
            I think the pics of the Zero a really nice, especially taken in the air where it belongs.
            I too, would rather see a warbird flying than one grounded due to insufficient funds. I think what most people object to is that it totally ruins the authenticity of the paint scheme. My point is that there are other ways to get the point across as to who "owns" the airplane rather than a huge, glaring, ugly decal. There are many ways to skin that cat by both obtaining sponsorship and money to keep them flying AND let the world know who owns the aircraft. If putting big, ugly decals on the aircraft is a "last" resort, then I will support it, but from what I've heard from other CAF members, other methods have not even been tried yet.

Comment

What methods would that be?
              Last edited by t-dub; 06-06-2009, 12:21 PM.
              "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Working...
              X