Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Wingman Quiz

This should be easy!

Name the place and time. Name the airplane in the foreground.

Bonus points if you can tell us what the informal nickname of this airplane was at the time, and the reason for that name.

Shawn excluded because we know he knows the answers! Leave this for newer members...

Neal

Re: A Wingman Quiz

Comment

Ill have a go at it wingman,

Looks like Mojave in around 76/77 with the C-133 cargomasters in the background... Can't name the all black mustang though
      race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
        This should be easy!

Name the place and time. Name the airplane in the foreground.

Bonus points if you can tell us what the informal nickname of this airplane was at the time, and the reason for that name.

Shawn excluded because we know he knows the answers! Leave this for newer members...

Neal

Looks like a certain Mustang that \'still\' belongs to a current engine builder, that also ran as \"Mr. Choppers\" at Reno 1964. The picture must be Mojave 1978.

Are those jello containers over the guns? Why yes. Yes, I think they are.

And you have to love the C-133 in the background. Those were the best part of the Mojave races. Both of them are still there, pushed out into the weeds after the Foundation for Airborne Relief fizzled, and the plan to turn them into \'flying hospitals\' went belly-up--no pun intended.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
          Looks like a certain Mustang that \'still\' belongs to a current engine builder, that also ran as \"Mr. Choppers\" at Reno 1964. The picture must be Mojave 1978.

Are those jello containers over the guns? Why yes. Yes, I think they are. Jim
          I always wondered how jello shots were invented, now I know..........
          "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Great answer Jim -- though it was 1979...

The Jello Mold Special:

Last edited by wingman; 06-04-2009, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Supe Hoisington used to use soup ladels.

Comment

Originally posted by stuntflyr View Post
                Supe Hoisington used to use soup ladels.
                Well, obviously jello molds are more aerodynamic (in a fish-scale kind of way) than soup ladels, so based on that and the fact that Bob Love was at the stick I have to give the edge to Hovey\'s Mustang over a Supe-stock Mustang in a head to head race.

NO SUPE FOR YOU!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X