Question for Retroaviation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Retroaviation...

Gary -- There is a thread going over on Scotty's site about the 1984 race up in Moose Jaw, Canada. The question of Wally McDonnell's Sea Furies has come up again -- specifically what if anything survived from Notsofurias #106, and where the airframe for what became Riff Raff came from. Over on WIX a while back you said you would talk to Nelson about this. Any updates?

I guess you're not coming to PRS? Any chance on Reno? It would be good to see you...

Neal

Re: Question for Retroaviation...

The way Nelson remembered it (and the way I remember what he told me), the airframe that eventually became Riff Raff was one of the Iraqi Furies that either Tallichet or Jurist brought to the U.S. (Nelson couldn't remember which guy Wally bought it from). When we got the airplane flying, both Wally and Mike Keenum were there for the first flights. The way I understood the deal, the airplane became Keenum's after that first flight, which was made by Nelson.

I don't know what happened to the remains of #106. I don't believe there was much left of it. But no part of it was used when we built Riff Raff.

No, I won't be coming to PRS or the Races.

Gary

Comment

Thanks for the information, Gary

You will be missed in Nevada, twice...

Hello from Birgitta too, and we hope you're doing well.

Neal

Comment

Thanks Neal.

Gary

Comment

Working...
        X