ANOTHER POSSIBLE 9/11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANOTHER POSSIBLE 9/11?

Earlier today I heard on the news that an airline came within something like 40 feet of a highrise apartment building. People in the apts as well as the plane said they could see each others faces. I think this happened in Honolulu. didn't hear the full report of the mishap. Did anyone else hear anything or am I just imagining???? Mike
    MG

Never mind last thread... I did indeed happen. Last Saturday. It was in the Honolulu Advertiser. It was China Airlines 747.. I wonder what this pilot was on.. Mike G.
    MG

Comment

link to article

Honolulu Hawaii News - HonoluluAdvertiser.com is the home page of Honolulu Hawaii with in depth and updated Honolulu local news. Stay informed with both Honolulu Hawaii news as well as headlines and stories from around the world.

here is the link to the article
      Randy Rheinschild
      www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

A lightplane was hijacked in Germany on Sunday and the hijacker threatened to fly into office buildings. The plane landed at the airport safely and the hijacker was arrested.

Chris

Comment

kraut pilot

Yeah..but he only wanted to talk to someone...husband of a late challenger astronaut for some reason...
          Glad they got the guy on the line for him...he was in a motor glider, so he may have stayed up for a long time though.
          Randy Rheinschild
          www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

Originally posted by racersedge
            Never mind last thread... I did indeed happen. Last Saturday. It was in the Honolulu Advertiser. It was China Airlines 747.. I wonder what this pilot was on.. Mike G.
            LOL... apparantly, from the article that Randy posted the link to, a visual approach.

It will be interesting to read just how low his radar track has him once they finally get done looking into it.

I know we all need to take this stuff seriously but this tickles me a bit. For me personally, I would have been looking thinking to myself.. "this rocks!" I don't know whether or not I'm just stupid or, used to it but the closer they are to me, the better.

The "haircuts on the hill" ahh.. how we love that ey Mikey!!

AAFO contributor "Soopy" lives out on the flight path by PDX, other than the fact that it disturbs phone calls (can't hear each other) she loves her daily air show. When I was in Klamath Falls for a little over a year.. the daily flybys of the ANG F-15's (and whatever else came in there!) sometimes pretty low and REALLY fast were a delight and I could stand a lot more.

Now, I'm waaaay away from PDX but sort of close to Aurora.. not nearly on the flight path so I have to settle for the occaisional low pass.. very rare.. <snif>

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hi Wayne,,

Last Sept. I was walking around the ramp with Nomer.
              When the F-16 would fly over I would stop everything and
              just drool. She kept walking and finally became impatient with me.
              She said she saw them all the time flying over her home.
              Shoot, I only get to see C-130's from Reno. That's fine, but nothing compares to an F16/15 flying over or doing low passes.
              boy, I feel sorry for her having to put up with all that...everyday.....
              : Mike G
              MG

Comment

boy, I feel sorry for her having to put up with all that...everyday.....
                :
                The problem with Klamath Falls is, other than Kingsley and the airplanes and some of the folks out there, there's little else...

Nomer knows what I mean...

Hang in there Griff!

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

When the F-16 would fly over I would stop everything and
                  just drool.
                  Drool over what? A "toy" fighter airplane flying over??

Real fighters have two tails and two engines!

Comment

Funny story

Flying home from SAT on Wed. afternoon in a Baron.

I was in the far back seat letting a friend fly in front with the pilot.

Two F-16s were crossing in front of us about a mile or so ahead. As they crossed from right to left the pilot caught a glimpse of something in his left peri. vision. There was an F-16 about a hundred yards to our left and at our same altitude heading straight for us........fast!

We dove and the F-16 pulled (you could see the vapor trails off his wing). He passed over the top of us and rolled over into our right wing position. Slowed down a little and then accelerated away as another F-16 passed us on the right.

The funny part about the story was when I looked out to the left, the first words out of my mouth were "cooooool"!!!

So I figure, most people think that the last words before all mid-airs are Holy ****e! or Oh my God!

Mine would have been Cooooool!!!!

King

Comment

Hi Randy,, When I was in the air guard, we were flying F-4's. Today they are flying c-130's. From sportscars to semi's. So, yes, the F-16's to me are worth drooling over. However, sir, you most definitely have a point. Just watching F-14's take off from carriers and F-15's take off with a full load are an incredible site to behold. By the way, Randy. THANKS AGAIN. You and my cousin who is in Kuwaint now and all the others who are in the military are truly hero's.... Mike G.
                      MG

Comment

Working...
                      X