Air racing 100 years today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air racing 100 years today!

Here's a photo of Léon Delagrange's winning flight in the first race - the image blurred by the blistering 40 mph speed!

How are you going to celebrate?
    For me, it will have to be Champagne - the big race of 1909 was held in Reims, the capital of the Champagne region. And it will of course have to be Pommery, since Marquis de Polignac, who was responsible for organizing the Reims meeting, was director of Pommery!
    Cheers,
    Anders

Re: Air racing 100 years today!

For us, the celebration will be at our local municipal airport with the "round engine round up", among other things

Comment

Thanks for the info, Anders. It was just 10 years ago I flew my last race!

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post
        Here's a photo of Léon Delagrange's winning flight in the first race - the image blurred by the blistering 40 mph speed!

For me, it will have to be Champagne - the big race of 1909 was held in Reims, the capital of the Champagne region. And it will of course have to be Pommery, since Marquis de Polignac, who was responsible for organizing the Reims meeting, was director of Pommery!
        Cheers,
        Anders
        Nice Voisin blur!

Comment

AND! If you look closely you will note the prop blur is precisely one-half revolution capturing a "full disc" in the photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post

Cheers,
            Anders
            That is a blistering speed...most ultras don't go that fast : )
            http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
            X