Frank Taylor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Taylor

Well, if Frank really is getting back in the game, I hope he still has that hat...

Re: Frank Taylor

Much cool here from what I've heard Neal.. check PM... have time to voice over the next few days?

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

LOL!

ah the good old days! I think Frank is a bit more "sofistamakeded" these days!

Comment

Neal,

I'm with you buddy. Where is that way cool hat Frank had?

He was kind of my model for the Reno hat I wear during the "Big Show" as Bob Love use to call Reno.

Willie

Comment

Thanks, Neal, for posting this great portrait of Frank Taylor...

Thanks also, Willie - I always wondered where the inspiration came from for your famous Reno Air Races lid (now I know!). Nonetheless - your hat still holds the gold trophy for- 'heaviest hat in class'! (BTW- sorry I missed you at Chino on Sat.)

My favorite pin on Frank's hat, without-a-doubt, was the M-80 (-the godfather of all firecrackers)!!!

Nice to see Dago come full-circle to reunite w/FT after all these years (-though I share the sentiment that it's too bad Dan Martin missed getting his long-deserved Unlimited Gold Trophy w/Dago). Will be nice to see the Skipper reunited w/Race #4, and bet he'll waste no time making up for- 'The Cut'.

Here's an archive shot of- 'FT on-the-move', taken Friday, 9/13/85 at Reno... I was setting up a head-on tripod shot of Dago Red, and right when I squeezed my shutter cable release - Frank came zooming through the photo composition (which was the last shot on the Kodachrome film roll).

I believe that's crewman- Dan 'Bones' Adam, there up on the wing, beside the cockpit. (Wonder if there'll be any of the original Dago Red crew rejoining FT's new team?)

DBD
          Attached Files
          Last edited by BuckyD; 05-27-2009, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyD View Post
            Thanks, Neal, for posting this great portrait of Frank Taylor...

Thanks also, Willie - I always wondered where the inspiration came from for your famous Reno Air Races lid (now I know!). Nonetheless - your hat still holds the gold trophy for- \'heaviest hat in class\'! (BTW- sorry I missed you at Chino on Sat.)

My favorite pin on Frank\'s hat, without-a-doubt, was the M-80 (-the godfather of all firecrackers)!!!

Nice to see Dago come full-circle to reunite w/FT after all these years (-though I share the sentiment that it\'s too bad Dan Martin missed getting his long-deserved Unlimited Gold Trophy w/Dago). Will be nice to see the Skipper reunited w/Race #4, and bet he\'ll waste no time making up for- \'The Cut\'.

Here\'s an archive shot of- \'FT on-the-move\', taken Friday, 9/13/85 at Reno... I was setting up a head-on tripod shot of Dago Red, and right when I squeezed my shutter cable release - Frank came zooming through the photo composition (which was the last shot on the Kodachrome film roll).

I believe that\'s crewman- Dan \'Bones\' Adam, there up on the wing, beside the cockpit. (Wonder if there\'ll be any of the original Dago Red crew rejoining FT\'s new team?)

DBD
            Man, he sure is ugly. Alan Preston is MUCH better looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
              Man, he sure is ugly. Alan Preston is MUCH better looking.

NOBODY?

Wow. All you railbirds are even less humorous than I thought. In the words of Foghorn Leghorn...\"Taylor. Preston. Ugly. It\'s a joke, son...don\'tcha get it, boy?\"

Comment

Unfortunately, Bones died last year in his sleep. He was 55 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by stuntflyr View Post
                  Unfortunately, Bones died last year in his sleep. He was 55 years old.
                  Stuntflyr- thanks for the word on Dan's passing. I'm sittin here lookin' at his business card, futilely reminding myself to give him a call to say hello again & feelin' both shocked & bummed-out bigtime. Only 55. Ya never know when your number's up, for sure.

"Blue Skies, Forever, Bones!!!"

See ya again someday - up in- 'That Great Airport in The Sky...'

DBD
                  Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Bucky.........Godspeed Bones.............
                    "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Dang Bucky! That is one beautiful poem.
                      Kathleen

Comment

Thanks very much, Kathleen.

I was inspired to compose this poem, after a dear friend (Walt Goodwin - Alaska Airlines' Ketchikan dispatcher & Coastal-Ellis Airlines' vet) passed-away suddenly from a heart attack at a young age here, quite a few years ago. (I read it aloud for all his friends at his memorial service - which was hard to do at the time, under the circumstances).

(BTW - The sunset sky background photo was taken at Stead Field, at a previous Sunday Awards Banquet night).

DBD

Comment

I was sitting in the bar at the Grand Sierra and there it was "The hat"and Frank Taylor wearing it. I told him I remember that hat from back in the early 80's, he said he hung it up in his house 27 yrs ago and was nt going to wear it again until he owned Dago Red again. So there you have it.

Comment

Working...
                          X