Dago Red has a new owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dago Red has a new owner

I was over at Hollister today to see parts of Dago Red depart for Chino today. I was told that Dago has been sold to Frank Taylor. Frank used to own her many years ago. The info I have heard is that Frank will race her but she may not be ready for 2009. I'm hearing that Skip Holms might be the new driver. Here are a few pictures I took just be for Dago left for Chino.
    Attached Files
    Jay Smith

Re: Dago Red has a new owner

Here are a few more pieces going into the Uhaul
    Attached Files
    Jay Smith

Comment

Of course, I like Skip Holm. He can win in just about anything. But I really would have liked to see Dan Martin get at least one win with Dago. Everytime I've talked with him, he's been a great guy and I've really been pulling for him the last couple of years. My own opinion of course.

Race 29
      Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Wow!!! Thanks for the news. This is very surprising, had no idea.

John

Comment

Originally posted by John H View Post

John
          Surprising indeed. Seems just a matter of weeks ago the owner was gung ho with a new website, new paint, big plans... Skip rounding the sticks again will be terrific, but Dago '09 had looked so promising for Dan Martin.
          -Jeff

Comment

that didnt take long

to get out--- Frank BUILT dago with some other very talented folks, I'm glad he is getting it back, now if he can pull the troops together again dago may win another five golds in a row!
            Last edited by JET1; 05-22-2009, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John H View Post
              I was pretty stunned too after heaing about the Dago sale after Chino, sans new owner info.

Arrr.. Then, a little birdy (actually two) told me about this a couple of days ago, (with owner info) one of those two nice folks, asked that we keep it "under wraps" for a bit so that "former" crew could be contacted prior to "public announcement"..

Such is the Internet and the "air racer net" that exists, there just ain't no keepin' secrets any more... (really NOT dissing you Janice!!)

Kinda cool, I mean to get the info out there right away on this site, the newsman in me has to "love" a part of it.. It's also kinda sad, in that there doesn't get to be any of the old "show biz" suspense building crap that Mark K., myself and others tried to foster to make the "buildup to Reno" that much more fun...

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

that is huge news alright, hmmm i wonder if mr Taylor has any little tricks up his sleeve that we might see....
                race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

So I guess this means no Dago at PRS this year!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Not only will Dago Red not be at PRS, but I think it almost a sure thing she wont make it to Reno this year. I hope thats not the case, but I believe their focus is in other ventures at this point.

Dave

Comment

Re: that didnt take long

Originally posted by JET1 View Post
                      to get out--- Frank BUILT dago with some other very talented folks, I'm glad he is getting it back, now if he can pull the troops together again dago may win another five golds in a row!
                      Soup was the other half, you can't replace him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sentinel View Post
                        Soup was the other half, you can't replace him.
                        'Supe' Hoisington... "Blue Skies - Forever", Supe!!!

(I'm sure his spirit will be there w/the next Dago Red crew also )

DBD
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by BuckyD; 05-27-2009, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Too bad as it seemed like the old ownership group was very gung ho, but good to hear it is going to good hands. Hopefully they can pull a rabbit out of their hat and be there this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyD View Post
                            \'Supe\' Hoisington... [COLOR=\"Blue\"]\"Blue Skies - Forever\", Supe!!![/COLOR]

(I\'m sure his spirit will be there w/the next Dago Red crew also )

DBD
                            Somewhere in the archive I\'ve got a \"Tips By Supe\" picture.

Supe, if I recall, was also Cliff Cummins\' crew chief the last couple of years, and one of the major domo\'s at Aero Sport @ Chino.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                              ........Supe, if I recall, was also Cliff Cummins\' crew chief the last couple of years, and one of the major domo\'s at Aero Sport @ Chino.
                              ...Supe started working on Cummins airplane and started AeroSport with four partners in the early '60s...

...in this 1970 pic AeroSports Dudley Hutchins (left), Jerry Morrison (blue coveralls in hanger), Supe (seated on wing), and Dick Hairston (with the SAE 70 Pennzoil)...

...Dave Zeushel (in cockpit) did the engine...

...Wo!..how did this thread get from Dago Red to Miss Candace...?

Comment

Working...
                              X