Attention Aviators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Aviators

ATTENTION AVIATORS: We received this alert from a related entity. Review the details on the gov't website - address below.

STARTING NEXT WEEK, MAY 18, 2009 That you will need to have an eAPIS
    account and file an eAPIS request when crossing ANY US border That if you
    don’t have an account, DHS indicates it takes about a week to get one. Plan
    ahead, get your account now so that you can go when you want to go.

If you are departing the US on or after May 18, you must have an eAPIS approval
    before departure. To return to the US on or after May 18, you must have requested
    landing rights in the US via an eAPIS request as well as have verbal approval from a
    CBP Officer at your US Port of Entry.

That CBP will check when you arrive back in the States to confirm that you filed outbound.
    If you did not file outbound, (if you blew out) you have violated the law and penalty action
    will be taken against you. Always carry your eAPIS replies with you. If you don’t and there
    is a question, you can prove your point that you did what was required i.e. have the required
    landing rights permission(s) And that your password must be changed every 6 months.

From one of our members, “I use the same password by basically changing the last number
    every 6 months i.e. xxxxx1, xxxxx2, xxxx3, etc.” Great Idea…. The eAPIS website is:

You can enroll or log in to file both outbound and inbound flights from this site.
Working...
X