BONHAMS Sells Two Seater Spitfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BONHAMS Sells Two Seater Spitfire

Bonhams Auctions sold a two seater Spitfire on the 20th for 1,739,500 pounds to Steven Brooks...See link below...There is a nice video on the site of the plane as well..

Bonhams Fine Art Auctioneers & Valuers: auctioneers of art, pictures, collectables and motor cars

Re: BONHAMS Sells Two Seater Spitfire

Wow! Almost 2.6 million USD. Anyone recall the highest sale price for a warbird?

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by FuryFan View Post
      Wow! Almost 2.6 million USD. Anyone recall the highest sale price for a warbird?

Kevin
      Gotta be the deal for GLACIER GIRL, I betcha...

DBD

Comment

hmmm the rumour over here is that Rod Lewis paid around $2.5 million US dollars for the combat veteran Mk V spitfire restored in NZ by the Avspecs team in Auckland NZ
        race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

When I saw the first and second post he (Rod Lewis) was my first guess as to the buyer. No surprises here as he continues to add to the RLAF (Rod Lewis Air Force), where do I sign up?

Comment

Didn't a P-38 go for 7 million a few years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by KAHNZILLA View Post
              Didn't a P-38 go for 7 million a few years ago?
              That would be Glacier Girl, of which BuckyD already mentioned.

Glacier Girl was sold in 2006 for $5,000,000.00 U.S. Dollars, to Provenance Fighters. It was then sold in 2007 for $7.2 million dollars to someone in Texas, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe View Post
                That would be Glacier Girl, of which BuckyD already mentioned.

It was then sold in 2007 for $7.2 million dollars to someone in Texas, I believe.
                That would be Rod Lewis as well, he has quite the collection.
                F1 Race 98 & 99

Comment

Another expensive one was when Ed Maloney sold his Me 262 to Paul Allen. The rumor years ago was that Allen bought it for around $ 6 million - in unrestored, unflyable shape!

Comment

Originally posted by jhall@jetav.com View Post
                    That would be Rod Lewis as well, he has quite the collection.

Yes, he does have quite the collection - with new airplanes coming in all the time. I believe he has 5 flyable Bearcats now and his latest acquisition is one of only 2 flyable P-39's in the world. It is the example operated by TFC in England.

Rumor from contacts I have in the Lewis camp, is that we can expect to see a lot more rare and exotic stuff coming down the pipeline.

Exciting times, for sure, and cheers to Mr. Lewis for indulging all of our warbird fantasies!

Comment

Working...
                    X