Mojave Trivia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mojave Trivia?

I have acquired a historical video "The Super Race" covering Mojave in what looks to me like the early 70's, unfortunatly no specific year is mentioned. Can anyone help me with a specific year with the following winners:

F1
    Ray Cote
    Vince De Luca
    John Parker

Biplane
    Don Beck
    Sid White
    Dave Dorbes

T6
    Pat Palmer
    John Mosby
    M.D. Washburn

Unlimited
    Cliff Cummins
    Lyle Shelton
    Darryl Greenamyer

Thanks!
    F1 Race 98 & 99

Re: Mojave Trivia?

Originally posted by jhall@jetav.com View Post
    I have acquired a historical video "The Super Race" covering Mojave in what looks to me like the early 70's, unfortunatly no specific year is mentioned. Can anyone help me with a specific year with the following winners:

F1
    Ray Cote
    Vince De Luca
    John Parker

Biplane
    Don Beck
    Sid White
    Dave Dorbes

T6
    Pat Palmer
    John Mosby
    M.D. Washburn

Unlimited
    Cliff Cummins
    Lyle Shelton
    Darryl Greenamyer

Thanks!
    I can Jack Sweeny and Don Ryder bought the super Race to promte the Lincoln Air Races the super Race was 1975 one of my favroite movies when i was in Grade school my dad came to my class and showed this move to my class does this awsner this question by the way were did you get it if you dont mind me asking . All the best Shawn

Comment

Only difference I see is

F1
      Ray Cote
      Vince De Luca
      Fred Wofford
      John Parker

Source - Racing Planes by Reed Kinert

Sully

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Aro View Post
        I can Jack Sweeny and Don Ryder bought the super Race to promte the Lincoln Air Races the super Race was 1975 one of my favroite movies when i was in Grade school my dad came to my class and showed this move to my class does this awsner this question by the way were did you get it if you dont mind me asking . All the best Shawn
        I guy I know owned F1 Race 31 Miss San Bernadino and Race 14 'Ole Tiger and loaned me a copy so I could burn to DVD.

Thanks!
        F1 Race 98 & 99

Comment

I guy I know owned F1 Race 31 Miss San Bernadino and Race 14 'Ole Tiger and loaned me a copy so I could burn to DVD.

Thanks!
          Miss San Bernadino wanst that owned by art Scholl for a waile and Ole Tiger was owned by Bob Downey Shawn

Comment

I still wonder why they never tried to recover Art Scholl or his plane. They know where it went down & it did have a camera attached to it. A mystery?
            Lockheed Bob

Comment

I have some rough super 8 film converted to DVD, it was after Lyle Shelton came in on his belly. KC

Comment

F1
                Ray Cote
                Vince De Luca
                John Parker

Biplane
                Don Beck
                Sid White
                Dave Dorbes

T6
                Pat Palmer
                John Mosby
                M.D. Washburn

Unlimited
                Cliff Cummins
                Lyle Shelton
                Darryl Greenamyer

Thanks!
                Had to be '74 or '75 as M.D. Washburn in the T-6 class lost his life after hitting #1 pylon and crashing at Reno in 1975. He only raced for those two years. Oh yeah, in biplane it's Dave Forbes, not Dorbes, who was most notably known for flying "Cobra"
                Last edited by t-dub; 05-01-2009, 09:52 AM.
                "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

it was 75 American Jet was in that film too Shawn

Comment

Working...
                  X