Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Kelly

Bill,
    I am getting your messages, However it seems you are not getting mine. So send me a message with your phone number and I will pass it along. I tried the same message again this morning.
    John
    John Slack

Re: Bill Kelly

OK John I probably am getting your replys but being as computer illiterate as I am I don't know where to look for them.
    Phone #605 223 2391
    Any body out there that remembers Cecil Ice, might want to know he's not to good. After a stroke and a fall it took a lot out of him. I flew for him off and on for 35 yrs. The last 16 I flew for no one else.
    OK John looking forward to hearing fomyou.

Bill Kelly

Comment

Bill,

Please let the Ice family know I hope the best for him. It was the Ice family and Little John who first took me to the air races when i was eight, and I have been going mostly non-stop ever since. LOL, they used to sneak me in the pits stating I was Lyle's son!!. I owe them my passion for air racing and my family hopes he finds blue skies no matter which direction his flight takes him.

David Murray

Comment

Originally posted by Dave65882 View Post
        Bill,

Please let the Ice family know I hope the best for him. It was the Ice family and Little John who first took me to the air races when i was eight, and I have been going mostly non-stop ever since. LOL, they used to sneak me in the pits stating I was Lyle's son!!. I owe them my passion for air racing and my family hopes he finds blue skies no matter which direction his flight takes him.

David Murray

OK! Here he is, if Lyle's son owes you money or has done anything wrong that needs blame attached to it David is the guy!
        John Slack

Comment

Ha!!! Now thats funny.

Good Ice story, they used to bet on the races but we always drew numbers given all of us would of taken the bear...so Clyde was the oldest, i was the youngest, we both drew Dreadnaught on the final race....figure no chance of winning....low and behold a few broken planes later and we both walked with the pool...Needless to say I was told to pay my own way from now on given little John had paid my entry Loved listening to everyone talk flying, one of my best memories I have as a child....course when i chose submarines instead of flying i think I disappointed all of them but what can ya do...

Comment

My Dad's first airplane ride was with Clyde Ice in a Ford Trimotor.

Comment

Working...
            X