Record Winds At Reno: Christmas At The Bear Cave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Winds At Reno: Christmas At The Bear Cave

Well.. we're just back from a weekend spent with a most enjoyable group of people!

The AAFO.COM gang spent the weekend in Reno with Team Rare Bear, and welcoming us to the grand city of Reno, Nevada were RECORD winds!

We'd like to extend our thanks to ALL of the members of Team Rare Bear for their hospitality, and put out this thought.. were those "record winds" in Reno, Nevada on the day of our vist a portend of things to come next year???

Well.. I can tell all of you one thing, if dedication and team spirit count for anything... the rest of the competitors in the grand sport we're all so nuts about better pay attention to that little hangar out at wind blown Stead Field!

More to come from this "Christmas At The Bear Cave" and the when of it all will borrow from our good friend KRAZ....

Coming *sometime*

Wayne Sagar

Record Winds In Reno, Nevada, Link To Reno Gazette Journal Article

PS.. man.. I gotta tell ya.. that much wind goin by when you're sitting still is IMPRESSIVE!!!!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Wayne,

Although I wasn't scheduled to fly to RNO, after I arrived from JFK last night I was talking to some of the other crews in our break room. We cancelled a number of flight to Reno due to the Severe Turblulence associated with the jet stream and the winter storm in that region.

Looking forward to some Bear news.

Scotty G
    Scotty G

Comment

Scotty, the RGJ story mentioned something like only 4 arrivals at RNO during the early part of the storm before they were forced to close the airport, I watched one SWA flight come in.. and talked with Lyle, who flew in on one of the last arrivals... from what I saw and from what Lyle said, you would not have wanted to earn your pay at RNO that day!

Very Very nasty wind. I was there in the '68 blast too and both days were pretty....memorable..

I could not believe the size of some of the debris that was blowing out at Stead and have no idea of what their peak gust was but I suspect quite a bit more than at RNO.

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
      X