X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT But Amazing...uh...FLYING!!!

Watch what these guy do later in the video...some crazy flying

Re: OT But Amazing...uh...FLYING!!!

Seen it before and "amazing" is a major understatement!!!!!
    Matt
    Super Genius Rocket Scientist
    NCAR Rocks!!!

Comment

Kind of reminds me of the time I was cruizing down the freeway and a giant bug of somekind....turned into a splattt on my windshield. Yep, I think we will be reading about the sudden stop, one of these fellow is going to have, soon enough.

That is a little too freekin crazy, even by my standards....

Comment

Next step............... eight laps!

Comment

Within 3 years these guys will be landing on the ground without parachutes. The location they have there is perfect for what they are doing. Pretty amazing stuff.

Comment

We had this vid here before.

What if the dude there puts skids on knees with a strapper and main wheels on chest ( very small like skateboard kind )...could he land without parachute...100 mph is not that fast if AoA is ok ?! I know there is change of asphalt rash...but it would look pretty cool when succeeding.

Person would there after been the first to jump outa aeroplane without parachute and land without a chute on his belly practically.

I am not recommending this to anyone...saying merely that in theory there is a change to survive the stunt.
            http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Great idea JUKE. Are you volunteering to go first?

Comment

Not really, but I have heard a story of bomber crew member who baled out and landed on a steep snow covered slope of a mountain and survived the flight and landing without a chute.

Motorcyclist have a rough ride without cycle on asphalt at moderatly high speeds and often walk away without a scratch. If you land on the ice horizontally at 90-100 mph and there are no obstacles on the way...might take 1500 feet before you come into a halt...sure there is no room for errors 1 degree too steep and you are history.

No I would not do it...I have a testpilot even for my pusher ac design. Flying is for professionals with 1000s of flying hours...not for people who draw houses and aeroplanes until the morning light.
                Last edited by First time Juke; 03-03-2009, 10:45 AM.

Comment

No pain no gain JUKE. I dont think the motorcycle crash is a good point. That is 100 MPH horizontal. The mountain jumpers have 100 mph vertical. There isnt enough lift in that suit to slow the decent to point that wont make a SPLAT sound as the "pilot" hits the valley floor.

Comment

Originally posted by RMB View Post
                    No pain no gain JUKE. I dont think the motorcycle crash is a good point. That is 100 MPH horizontal. The mountain jumpers have 100 mph vertical. There isnt enough lift in that suit to slow the decent to point that wont make a SPLAT sound as the "pilot" hits the valley floor.
                    Adrenaline HuntersAwesome flight of a wingsuit over snow country.Watch for the low level skier buzz.

This is the most incredible wingsuit / base jumping video I have ever seen. Much of the footage is from helecopter jumps in the alps. These daredevils come w...

You got that right...they seem to be able to obtain level flight for about 0.5 seconds..not enough( or is it ?).

Last edited by First time Juke; 03-04-2009, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Jeb Corliss plans to build a large ramp in Vegas and attempt to land a wing suit on to it. Sounds like very accurate flying would be involved. I would rather try landing on a steep mountain side where you dont have to worry about missing completely.

Comment

OUCH!
                        Many moons ago I water skied semi-pro. During a practice session with a group one day the subject of speed came up and we all did the macho thing behind a flatbottom drag boat. I lost it at around 70. The skipping at high speed isn't bad, it's when you slow down, dig in and start to roll. I broke a wrist and 3 ribs... I can imagine that on ANY ground or a ramp the same thing would happen. At some point friction of the surface would overcome your inertia and you could not help but tumble. Water was bad enough.
                        These all look like ways to have your death televised...
                        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                        X