Air Racing on Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Racing on Top Gear

This is an old clip of the amazing BBC car show "Top Gear," and is about air racing.

Subscribe: http://bit.ly/SubscribeToTopGear Jeremy Clarkson watches the Reno Air Race, one of the most extreme racing events around. Welcome to the most com...

Re: Air Racing on Top Gear

Thanks, Ryan, for posting this link. I was wondering when I'd get to see some of this BBC Reno NCAR coverage. Met this fun crew during their filming out on the UNLTD race course that year.

Cracked me up at the time, when I saw their camera crew crawling about the desert on their knees & elbows, away from the pylon (Outer 4)- filming the ants up close, & I thought to myself- "Ahh - a creative approach to setup their shooting location for the viewer...<g>".

The producer was kind enough to send me a comp VHS copy of their final production, but alas it was PAL format & I never bothered to get it converted over to NTSC. This was my first gander of some of their footage. THX, again! DBD
    Last edited by BuckyD; 02-24-2009, 07:44 PM.

Comment

now if Clarkson would quit american bashing....

..well it is his "thing" but the past couple of seasons he spent a fair amout of time poking fun at us....maybe its because I told him we kicked them out a long time ago. (actually hes a pretty nice guy more or less)

Comment

Re: now if Clarkson would quit american bashing....

Originally posted by JET1 View Post
        ..well it is his "thing" but the past couple of seasons he spent a fair amout of time poking fun at us....maybe its because I told him we kicked them out a long time ago. (actually hes a pretty nice guy more or less)
        Yeah Clarkson make fun of us, but 99% of it is ture.... That is by far my favorite show on TV.

Comment

I planted a 'seed' the other day..

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
          Yeah Clarkson make fun of us, but 99% of it is ture.... That is by far my favorite show on TV.
          I suggested to him that they do a whole show from Reno during the races. I mentioned that despite his blatant 'anti-Americanism' the show has a pretty big fan base here and I'm sure we could work something out. He hasn't gotten back to me yet....limey bastage!

Comment

I'm pretty sure he's not anti-American, but just likes poking fun at us. After all, his two favorite cars are a Ford GT and Corvette.

Comment

and he bought the ford twice!

Originally posted by race9 View Post
              I'm pretty sure he's not anti-American, but just likes poking fun at us. After all, his two favorite cars are a Ford GT and Corvette.
              the first one was a major lemon (security system and starting issues) then after they bought it back he bought a second one? fool me once fool me twice????
              (the second car is pretty trouble free and they are pure sex....but a bit large for jolly old english roads)

Comment

I was hoping that the Stig would get to take a lap!
                Top Gear is definitely one of my favorite shows.
                Tony

Comment

Re: and he bought the ford twice!

Originally posted by JET1 View Post
                  the first one was a major lemon (security system and starting issues) then after they bought it back he bought a second one? fool me once fool me twice????
                  (the second car is pretty trouble free and they are pure sex....but a bit large for jolly old english roads)
                  I remember he had trouble getting it to the studio because it was too wide for some of the old country bridges.
                  Last edited by Propellerhead; 02-26-2009, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Go Dancer. I hope to see her back and fast soon. Hint Hint <cough> Ryan.

Comment

Working...
                    X