Jesse James learning to race!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesse James learning to race!!!

For those interested, Discovery channel star Jesse James will be at Stead the next few days filming a show about air racing. He is supposed to get some dual with Dan Vance in his SNJ and then transition to the cockpit of the TF51 Lady Jo for some racing instruction and a go at the pylons. Should be an interesting few days....

Spaghetti

Re: Jesse James learning to race!!!

Good to be known huh? I might have to wonder out ther and see this plus check on the bear cave to see how things are going. Thanks for the info

Comment

I'm happy for the coverage...BUT..

..my personal opinion of a tattoo covered self styled gangsta is not really the image that air racing needs. He could at least wear a ball cap CORRECTLY.....IMHO of course

Comment

Maybe not, but any exposure for Air Racing would be good. Maybe his fans will want to see it for real and another generation starts. I had a coworker at my night job tell me he had moved to Stead from Cali last October. I mentioned Air Races, his comment was "they RACE airplanes?"

How's Sparknots engine coming Spaghetti? And how is papa doing?
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Its really too bad the tv network wouldnt pony up the insurance money to cover September Pops engine, otherwise they would have had the use of a legitmate racer (400 + MPH). That was the only thing keeping Pops from this shoot. I guess you can make a 300 mph Mustang look like its going fast, post production. LOL. I hope this gives RARA some much needed publicity and gives the thrill seeking junkies a reason to come out to Reno and see the "fastest motorsport" on the planet.

Dave

Comment

James is doing something right, I guess appealing to mainstream which would make his blood boil if he read this. He is talented but too full of himself. I've seen him crash his saturday night special race car if u want to call it that. He has no clue!! Low level flight has no tolerance for mistakes. God be with him!! I think I may have to head up today and check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by paintboy View Post
              Its really too bad the tv network wouldnt pony up the insurance money to cover September Pops engine, otherwise they would have had the use of a legitmate racer (400 + MPH). That was the only thing keeping Pops from this shoot. I guess you can make a 300 mph Mustang look like its going fast, post production. LOL. I hope this gives RARA some much needed publicity and gives the thrill seeking junkies a reason to come out to Reno and see the "fastest motorsport" on the planet.

Dave
              What's REALLY too bad is that Discovery wouldn't come film a real team during the races, and give the sport coverage that way. Instead they have to do a "reality" type show about a washed up bike builder flying airplanes.

Comment

Is anyone in the Bear Cave? I'm going up. If I can get close to Jesse I have to give him some crap. Tell him something like, "hey Jesse, food for thought, most people don't walk away from a crash." Sorry, I just don't like the guy. He's too Hollywood!

Comment

HATERS!!!! YOU GUYS NEVER HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT ANYTHING
                  Todd Smith

Comment

Dude, It has nothin to do with tatoos! I see u r very proud of yours! Jesse has made his fortune being cool when in fact he is not! Just voicing my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Oberev View Post
                      Jesse has made his fortune being cool when in fact he is not! Just voicing my opinion.

1000's of West Coast Custom's customers would disagree with you.

Some one who is full of himself being involved in Air racing??

Any exposure this sport gets is a good thing.

Jus sayin....

Comment

I like Jesse James, any press that shines a positive light on what happens in Septemebr is good. Jusat land the Lady on all three on the dotted runway and I will be happy. Plus is married to Sandra Bullack maybe she will cvome this year.

Comment

Maybe he could get with Tom Cruise & make a real Air Race movie? Does Mr. Cruise ever fly "Kiss Me Kate" & does he really own it?
                          Lockheed Bob

Comment

They could call it Top coast racer. Tom can play a older man with woman troubles and wears dark glasses. He has lost his nerve as a racer and Jesse can make him a bad a## racer in one week with a bunch of engineers fresh out of school and Tom at first is not thrilled about it however in teh end he does teh right thing. Wins the race and the young ladies heart. If we are lucky Sandra will show up in the movie somewhere

Comment

Are you kidding me! Have you seen what he can do with his bare hands and a piece of aluminum? I'm not really into the tatoos and I think choppers are a joke as a motorcycle, but I the guy has turned a talent into a huge business, and he isn't all that keen on the fame thing. So he has the resources now to put something together to fly in some racers and all you guys can do is say somethng negative.

Comment

Working...
                              X