Crazy Horse 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Horse 2

Just got back from Florida where I had the good fortune to take two 1.4 hour flights in Stallion 51's Crazy Horse 2. This was my first ever flight in a P-51(TF-51) and I was NOT disappointed. My instructor(Eric) and myself did the upper airwork you would associate with a new-aircraft checkout, normal and emergency procedures as well as aerobatics and quite a number of touch and go landings. What an awesome airplane!! It is a very nice plane to fly and performs just excellent. I would like to thank Eric and the whole staff at Stallion 51 for making this what could be the best experience in my life. They are a very professional bunch, and I would highly recommend them to anyone wishing to take a Mustang flight. I have always considered the Mustang to be the best aircraft there is, and this just sealed the deal. I also visited the Fantasy of Flight museum in Polk City FL, and the Mighty Eighth museum in Pooler GA. Both of these museums are well worth the visit for anyone interested in the history of aviation.

Re: Crazy Horse 2

Did you get to fly from the front seat or the back one?

Comment

Nice, my first flight ever (in real airplanes, i.e historical ones) was in Lady Jo...best 30 minutes of my life other than my children being born. LOL, why oh why can i not win the lotto and sail off into the sunset doing this every day?

Congrats on your flight, all good.

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
        Did you get to fly from the front seat or the back one?
        Both flights were in the rear cockpit. Makes it kinda tricky on landing!!

Comment

Crazy Horse 2 is the Late Crocker's Race 6 'Sumthin Else' which won Reno in 1979. So, you got a ride in a Former Reno Gold winner.
          Last edited by Guest; 02-20-2009, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Congrats Mustang! I bet it was quite the rush and TWO flights nonetheless! I had a chance to go up with Vlado Lenoch in Moonbeam McSwine (many many many thanks to Wayne for giving up his seat!) and it remains one of the best adventures and memories to date! The next best thing would be a TF-51 dual-control bird to a actually fly. Nice!

Here is a shot from the rear of Moonbeam above Stead....Note the orientation of the horizon....

Kraz
            www.krazmania.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
              Crazy Horse 2 is the Late Crocker's Race 6 'Sumthin Else' which won Reno in 1979. So, you got a ride in a Former Reno Gold winner.
              Wow, I did not know that. Thanks for the info. That makes the experience that much better.
              Attached Files

Comment

I thought "Sumthin Else" was at Chino un-converted. To the research machine!

Comment

Yeah, You are right. Different plane at Chino. Crazy Horse is Race 6.

Comment

Working...
                  X