blue angels at reno 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blue angels at reno 09

im sure you all know about the blue angels at reno 2009. Im looking forward to seeing them.http://www.airrace.org/airshowPerformers.php
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: blue angels at reno 09

I've never seen them at Reno before. Should be good. Hope they do the JATO Fat Albert routine.

Comment

there soppose to be in Fallon an the 11 of sep

Comment

Originally posted by T.F. View Post
        I've never seen them at Reno before. Should be good. Hope they do the JATO Fat Albert routine.
        I doubt it as the are low on JATO bottles and haven't been doing it most airshows from what I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by RCoulter View Post
          I doubt it as the are low on JATO bottles and haven't been doing it most airshows from what I have seen.
          Don't count it out just yet - rumor in Indy is we'll get it for one day the weekend of the air show. So - they may pick a day in Reno to make it happen too. Fingers crossed!
          Mike S
          www.indyairshow.com
          www.indytransponder.com

Comment

The "ANGELS" put on a good show. I look forward to seeing them again!
            I just hope they don't do engine start-ups while there are races going on!

Comment

Sorry Fat Albert lovers, no JATO demo at this years Reno, as the risk is just too high for igniting the sagebrush, as they did the last time they were in town. Having them launch from Stead will be a real treat for the spectators and Blue's fans. Looking forward to a change in demo shows, and a chance to see the big FA-18 Hornets fly formation. I loved the years when both the Blue's and the T-Birds both flew F-4 Phantoms. Great stuff!!!!

Dave

Comment

Maybe we'll get to see Fat Albert 'round the pylons again. That was always a sight to see.

Comment

Blue Angel shows are geared more for lower elevations. They just don't generate the best thrust levels at Stead's elevation. The only time I have EVER been disappointed by the Blues was at, you guessed it, Stead!
                  Fleet Week at San Francisco is one of the BEST Blue Angel shows you could ever see!

I personally think they should go back to the F-11 Tigers, or better yet
                  ..6 beautifully tuned and prepared F-8 Bearcats!!!! THAT would be worth admission.

FLY NAVY...........(if the USAF washes you out!....heheheh)
                  Last edited by SpinB; 02-08-2009, 11:46 PM.
                  Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Originally posted by SpinB View Post
                    Blue Angel shows are geared more for lower elevations. They just don't generate the best thrust levels at Stead's elevation. The only time I have EVER been disappointed by the Blues was at, you guessed it, Stead!
                    Fleet Week at San Francisco is one of the BEST Blue Angel shows you could ever see!

I personally think they should go back to the F-11 Tigers, or better yet
                    ..6 beautifully tuned and prepared F-8 Bearcats!!!! THAT would be worth admission.

FLY NAVY...........(if the USAF washes you out!....heheheh)
                    F-111 tigers my dad has pictures of them flying those and also the F9F panthers

Comment

YAWN.

Just not my thing. I would rather see individual demos. Bring back the Raptor!

Comment

I heard from Kent Pietsch who was scheduled for Reno this year but he has been dropped because the Blues are taking up the ramp area. Kent will be is Sacramento Sept 12 & 13th so if he doesn't have a show the following weekend he is thinking about just showing up to visit and watch the show. Here is Kent's & Warren's Schedule for 2009

Jay Smith

Comment

Kent has performed with the Blues on the ramp before.

It's just not Reno without Kent Pietsch. I missed him last year.

Come Back, Shane...er...Kent!

Don

Comment

Before you start throwing stones at RARA regarding Ken Pietsch being dropped from this years event, consider this, because of the number of acts already lined up for this years event there simply was not enough airshow time during the day to include Ken's act. RARA knew their airshow windows were tight with the Blue Angels, Raptor Demo, and the many acts they had signed up to entertain the thousands of spectators coming to Reno. Ramp space was not an issue, as the performers are parked and staged from a different location than the military demo acts. This is simply a case of too many quality acts and not enough showtime with which to schedule them all in. Kens act is a favorite among many of the fans and sponsors, and it is unfortunate his performance will be missing from Reno this year. You cant have it all! Although it would be nice.

Dave

Comment

I still wish they would bring back Acme Duck

Comment

Working...
                              X