PDA

View Full Version : Prop makes the difference

First time Juke
02-07-2009, 04:40 AM
Bleriot XI was not flyable with earlier 4 blader they tried on it.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/bleriot-xi.htm

It is amazing how small changes make big differences.

tim
02-07-2009, 08:33 AM
You can see a restored Bleriot XI in flight in Rhinebeck, NY. If you find yourself back that way on a summer weekend it is well worth the side trip.

http://www.oldrhinebeck.org/collection/airplanes/bleriotxi.htm

The newest airplane they have is a '36 Aeronca.

First time Juke
02-08-2009, 11:42 PM
Here is a mention how 4 blader prop ( instead of the 3 blader ) made problems of vibration disappear on the LF 2100:

http://www.protonet.org/doc/LearFan_gearbox_4_A4.pdf

Also shows how excellent studied LF 2100 was.

Lockheed Bob
02-09-2009, 07:45 AM
I wish the Lear Organization would have designed & built a pusher Merlin or Griffon powered unlimited. Juke maybe you could come up with something without getting really into it. Just a dream.

First time Juke
02-09-2009, 08:35 AM
I wish the Lear Organization would have designed & built a pusher Merlin or Griffon powered unlimited. Juke maybe you could come up with something without getting really into it. Just a dream.

I think I did the dream version 5-6 years ago.

One is a model version with different tail ( elevator ).

I bet I could reduce the wingsize 30% of R3-A4 and still be allright.

First time Juke
02-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Ok BOB !

Here is the new one...don't tell anyone I drew for free...othervise people would start to think I am an idiot !

:cool:

rgds,

Juke

:beerchug:

My strong belief if that the wing induced turbulence will harm prop less when the wash drops middle of the prop arch.

Also a taildagger like this need a little stonecover at bottom of the rudder ( not drawn...but idea ready ).

Maingear retraction needs a look over too.

Peashooter
02-09-2009, 10:50 AM
It's been very quiet out there...

What's goin' on?

First time Juke
02-09-2009, 11:02 PM
It's been very quiet out there...

What's goin' on?

Excuse me "quiet out" where Peashooter ?

First time Juke
02-10-2009, 01:32 AM

Once more:

Here are the profiles...also my TS II...along with F8F-2.

Merlin will be 1000-1500 hp less but will it be enought to reach the Rare Bear speed...ever. Remains to be seen.

Bob am I close to the dream ? I was able to squeeze the R3-A4 by 4 ft. TS II is like Tsunami, but more wing and less fuse..some sweep too.

Lockheed Bob
02-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Yes Juke it is what dreams are for. Clarence Johnson, from the Lockheed Skunk Works fame, came up with many planes from his ideas including the SR 71.:thumbsup:

First time Juke
02-10-2009, 09:02 AM
Kelly was from other side of the pond where I was born ( Wester Botten I am from Easter Botten ). I am flattered...Kelly Johnson is my favourite AC designers.