LCD monitor for photo editing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD monitor for photo editing?

My 19" CRT gave up on me yesterday. Am looking to replace it with a new LCD of 22" or better if I can. I see all the posts of TN/SIPS and SPVA, but not having alot of money to spend, was wondering what some of you are using for your photo editing.

I fly fighter sims as well, but want something where the colors and saturation/backlighting are somewhat true to the photos without a ton or constant calibration.

Looking at the Dell S2309W as a possiblility, anyone heard good/bad on this one...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Warren

Re: LCD monitor for photo editing?

Lots of people use the Dell 24's and from what I know they calibrate ok. I use a Gateway 24", colorwise it calibrates great, but the backlight is rather strong, so the luminance is much higher than the calibrator wants it to be.

Hands down, the favorite LCD is the Apple Cinema displays, but they are expensive, and you need something to get them to work on a Windows PC. HP makes some good ones too. This topic seems to come up about once a month on the naturescapes.net, digital topics forum.

Comment

Re: LCD monitor for photo editing?

When I replaced my CRT monitor with a 20" ViewSonic LCD it did not work well or not at all. I had to install a 256 mb AGP video card. It worked kinda better until I installed a bigger power supply to support the video card. Now it works great. Just something to look out for.

Comment

Working...
      X