Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne, I like the new Pic feature..

Wayne,
    THanks again for all you do with this site. Its a daily part of my life and I enjoy all the stories that everyone shares.

I just wanted to share that I like the new picture viewing feature. Its close to the same feature that is used at RC Universe. It took me a while to get use to that, but now its part of the flow.

Thanks again for all you do..

Jeff E

Re: Wayne, I like the new Pic feature..

Hear! Hear! Cheers for Wayne !!!

Comment

Wow, thanks.. you win a few, lose a few.. actually, one character out of place due to HOURS of testing, caused the test update forum to, my mistake, use the database that was LIVE, rather than the hours old copy of the db, which I intended to use to iron out the myrad differences between the many hacks/mods, which were made to the old board over the years.. things like the "spellcheck" function which was a pretty much browser unspecific, server side, stand alone "hack" someone made for the older versions of VB.. does not work, yet, with the new verson.. So, for now, no spellcheck.. or the nice banner at the top, which, in a very small part, serves to fund this site by paying a few cents daily... or the donate button, same story.. small part finances for the site..

Good news is, the reason I updated is, we're getting closer to the day when pylon1.com and aafo.com "merge" into the ALL AVIATION PYLON1 FLIGHTLINE ON LINE website!

Mark Kallio has been doing some REALLY cool layout stuff and I'm trying my best to get the old part of this site in line with what will be a killer setup deal for the merge, once we get it workin.. Mark is working 16 hour days these days and between his work days and my struggling to have a chance to WORK A FEW days here and there, we're gonna get it when we get it but it'll sure be cool to see all the stuff Mark, Bucky and others produced during the P1 days!

Again, thanks for the positive comments, glad we were able to keep the board running, albeit, short of a few of the old functions..

The new image viewer thing, ALMOST makes all the other stuff worth it tho. User galleries.. (coming soon) is another cool feature of the new board software (same company, just latest $$ pay for it, version)...

Damn, stick 1.5 beers in me after not having any for a week and I sure get chatty don't I!!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by beachboss View Post
        Hear! Hear! Cheers for Wayne !!!
        Check's in the mail....

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I used to really enjoy Marks stuff on Pylon1 and on here for that matter. The site looks nice Wayne keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by wyhdah View Post
            I used to really enjoy Marks stuff on Pylon1 and on here for that matter. The site looks nice Wayne keep up the good work.
            Thanks

Sorry about the P1 site closing.... I just got fed up with the drama. You know - always someone pointing fingers, spreading crap, blah, blah, blah. Heck, when I was asked to share some news about Dago before Reno 08, even then there were people giving me grief about it. I honestly don't need that kind of juvinile crap in my life... too many haters - too much negativity. Anywho... enough of that (and you won't see me ever discuss that topic in public again).

So my place here at aafo is in the background - doing web design/layout/database & content integration... as well as making happy graphics... happy pictures... and happy articles like before. I still very much enjoy doing stuff like that - and being a "silent partner" helps me to focus on the more positive and the great things that surround air racing.... while Mr Wayners takes care of the rest. It's a win, win in my book

In closing... I know you may be curious. Keep in mind this is just a test layout/design and that there will undoubtably be changes... but the "template" for the new look is pretty much set. So here it is... a glimps into the future

BTW: don't forget to refresh the page a few times (more if you'd like)...
            you'll see why .
            Mark K....

Comment

Love the header bar and the different plane shots.
              Very well done overall.

Comment

I, too, love the header bar and the different plane shots. Very Nice!
                Kathleen

Comment

Thanks you two

It takes about 1 hour to make each image... have about 30 now - we will be shooting for at least 100 by the time this is ready. I'll admit, the stuff below the header is a bit sparce... just needed to put something there so we could get an idea of the overall "look". We are in the final stages of getting the layout content ironed out... probably take a week or three for that, then the real work will begin... installing the software that will drive the news sections & plugging content into it. Then we have the gallery to get done - which will have a lot more features then you can imagine It'll be cool - trust me

This is gonna be a huge project that will be done in stages.... the first of which we're targeting for completion in April/May of this year. It's really tuff for me to pin an exact time down due to my other web site obligations (currently have about 8 sites that I am webmaster for - and paying clients have to come first). Don't worry though - it IS gonna happen... and it is going to be awesome when complete
                  Mark K....

Comment

Working...
                  X