• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAG Banquet 2009

Does anyone know anything ???

Brad

Re: NAG Banquet 2009

It was announced in the Nov-Dec issue of the NAG "Professional Airracing".

Saturday, March 7, 2009
    6:00 PM Open Bar &:00 PM Dinner
    FRANCESCO'S RESTAURANT
    Corner of Pardee and Hegenberger Road, Oakland, CA
    $35.00 per person
    Choice of Roast Sirloin of Beef or
    Breast of Chicken Parmegiana

Speaker: TIGER DESTEFANI

Comment

FORGOT to say reservations are needed for head count.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A MEMBER to attend, but may join at the Banquet. There will also be door prizes.

Send reservation, check, and choice of meal to:

John Clark
      1200 Cribari Dr.
      Modesto, CA 95358-6995
      (209) 537-2531
      editornag@comcast.net

Betty Sherman, Treasurer
      National Air racing Group (NAG)
      Last edited by ShermB; 01-20-2009, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Betty... I'll say it again.. the nagrag online would be such an asset to NAG...

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayners;
          And I repeat---
          the majority of our members are older and do not compute. Our dues are low, and pay the freight of producing the NAG Rag. Paying for a website and doing a printed newsletter as well would cost us more and raise the dues. The Board members are all volunteers, not paid except for reimbursement for expenses, i.e. postage and supplies. A real Labor of Love. We also are registered as a "not for profit"; our merchandise is sold to members only, to support our expenses of the NAG Shack at NCAR, and the expense of renting space for our meetings in Oakland, costs related to our Annual Banquet and other club obligations.
          We used to maintain teams to be sent to various venues to set up the pylons, train the locals in officiating, etc. We haven't been asked to do that since the Phoenix races, (we are willing to do so when the opportunity to do a race circuit presents itself) so we just keep on keeping on, supporting and encouraging racers and race fans alike. We are very happy to be able to contribute our efforts at NCAR, and will continue to do it better until such time there are added venues.
          Betty
          Last edited by ShermB; 01-20-2009, 09:14 PM.

Comment

There was talk of a web site for NAG but never happen.

Comment

Here's a scan of the nag banquet registration for anyone interested.

Michael
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you, Michael.
                Wish I could be there.
                Betty

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Aro
                  There was talk of a web site for NAG but never happen.
                  I actually volunteered webspace and website but I don't think NAG wants one..

I don't mean to be a bug in Betty's ear but I think it would do a lot to expand the memberships..

Jussst thinkin...
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

the bord would hafe to aprove it and they coupd have join online

Comment

my bad typos there was a site produced but never happen and there was a gentimen who wanted to due it but never herd from him. The bord would hafe to approve it and i think you would get more members to join on line Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB
                        Wayners;
                        And I repeat---
                        the majority of our members are older and do not compute. Our dues are low, and pay the freight of producing the NAG Rag. Paying for a website and doing a printed newsletter as well would cost us more and raise the dues.
                        I'd like to see the NAG Rag in PDF form, it would save on paper and postage and maybe best of all it could come in color!

My two cents.

John

Comment

they talked about color too but it cost too much shawn

Comment

By our By-laws, NAG (a not-for profit kept running with volunteers who get no pay) MUST produce a newsletter a minimum of four times per year. We have been able to put out as many as 13 issues some years, with the budget we have. Many of our older members do not use computers or the internet, so we must put out a piece for them. A website also costs money to produce and maintain. We have explored this issue in the past, so ....

HOW ABOUT A CHALLENGE GENTLEMEN ? (NAG members?)

Please get me estimates for producing an eight (8) page newsletter, complete with photographs, that can be sent to approximately 750 households in addition to the cost of a website that would have the same info. also get firm bids on designing, producing, and maintaining a website. Also please include the dollar amount we would have to spend to convert our computer system and gather the data we would need to collect from the computer users.
                            I will be happy to present that proposal to the NAG Board of Directors.

Betty Sherman, Treasurer
                            National Air racing Group (NAG)

Comment

Everyone is a critic.
                              So few are Volunteers.

Thank you, NAG Volunteers for all your heard work.

Comment

Working...
                              X