SOLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLD

Was just looking at Courtesy Aircraft site, and all 3 of Mike Browns airplanes are listed as Sold.....anyone know who bought them? Hope they show up at Reno.
    Last edited by supercub; 01-20-2009, 04:52 PM.

Re: SOLD

Originally posted by supercub
    Was just looking at Courtesy Aircraft site, and all 3 of Mike Browns airplanes are listed as Sold.....anyone know who bought them? Hope they show up at Reno.
    Though he has not gone public with what he intends to do with them, nor have I received direct word from him, Rod Lewis has them now. Lots of speculation on his plans, but I suspect, what he really wanted out of the "package" was "Bossman"... That is probably the finest example of a Tigercat there is..

Rod was good enough to give me a quote or two when he bought "American Spirit", perhaps I can get something this time as well..

PS... I think this is talked about in another thread here somewhere...
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
      Though he has not gone public with what he intends to do with them, nor have I received direct word from him, Rod Lewis has them now. Lots of speculation on his plans, but I suspect, what he really wanted out of the "package" was "Bossman"... That is probably the finest example of a Tigercat there is..
      Rod was good enough to give me a quote or two when he bought "American Spirit", perhaps I can get something this time as well..

PS... I think this is talked about in another thread here somewhere...
      Wow, so Mr. Lewis really wanted Bossman? As if one Tigercat is not enough! LOL! You have really got to love a collector that wants at least 2 of everything! Let's see, he has 2 Tigercats, 3 Bearcats, and other multiples.....

I love it! So that means there could be a real distinct possibility of 3 Tigercats at the upcoming Reno again? Mr. Lewis brings 2 and then Mr. Sessions brings another? How about Clay Lacy bringing the last to make it 4 Tigercats? That would be PHENOMENAL!

Think about it - Reno '09 with 4 Tigercats, a newly restored F2G Corsair, a newly redone Furias, plus all of the regulars! Wow, this is shaping up to the best Reno in years!!!!!

I'm truly amazed!!!

Comment

WOW thats all I can say, if its true.
        CFI/CFII/MEI
        www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com
        www.InvertedCast.com - InvertedCast, The All Aviation Podcast!

Comment

Rod Lewis intends on having Fury at Reno this next year. Suspect plane will be flown by Stewart Dawson or maybe Rod if he gets qualified at Pylon school this summer. Time will tell.

Comment

Saweeeet! Glad they're in the hands of an air race fan who likes to show his toys for a bunch of droolers like us!

Matt
            Super Genius Rocket Scientist
            NCAR Rocks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jackson
              Rod Lewis intends on having Fury at Reno this next year. Suspect plane will be flown by Stewart Dawson or maybe Rod if he gets qualified at Pylon school this summer. Time will tell.
              Fury, meaning 232 Fury?
              "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jackson
                Matt, I have entertained this thought, a lot, since meeting Rod a couple years ago and witnessing his excellent piloting skills in action.

Cool thing that a lot of folks don't know about Rod is that he's a consumate pilot, a guy who absolutely loves warbirds, classic airplanes, any friggin airplane and he does not want to simply look at them in a museum.. he wants to FLY them!

He and I have something, which very few understand, in common.. we both survived the same form and level of cancer. We were both diagnosed within months of each other (he's a few months ahead of me).. I'll tell ya what, I can only say, those months of going in daily to get nuked change you..

Rod Lewis is a great person, a very skilled business man, a driven individual with a great family! He loves airplanes, had a brush with the grim reaper, decided to live out his dreams while he could... that he has the resources to acquire, display and fly some of the rare historic airplanes in the world.. well... I'm very happy that he survived and is living that dream and sharing with the rest of us!

Go Rod!
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Maybe they will hold the races now in South Texas at his ranch....

Lynn

Comment

Rod Lewis is a great person, a very skilled business man, a driven individual with a great family! He loves airplanes, had a brush with the grim reaper, decided to live out his dreams while he could... that he has the resources to acquire, display and fly some of the rare historic airplanes in the world.. well... I'm very happy that he survived and is living that dream and sharing with the rest of us!

Go Rod!

Wow, that's fantastic! He sounds like an "Air Race fan's fan". We need more people like that in aviation, and specifically Air Racing. I've never met the man, but have heard wonderful things about him and hope to have the honor some day and thank him for all he is doing for all of his vintage airplane appreciator's!

Comment

Originally posted by dvddude
                      Wow, that's fantastic! He sounds like an "Air Race fan's fan". We need more people like that in aviation, and specifically Air Racing. I've never met the man, but have heard wonderful things about him and hope to have the honor some day and thank him for all he is doing for all of his vintage airplane appreciator's!
                      Right on! If you ever do, (get the chance) let him know you appreciate what he's doing for warbirds!

He really is, a neat guy!
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Right on! If you ever do, (get the chance) let him know you appreciate what he's doing for warbirds!

He really is, a neat guy!
                        Oh, I absolutely will! I plan on being at Reno in September, hopefully, I can "bump" into him there somewhere in the Pits.

Comment

He is very easy to approach and talk to. And very down to earth, so few people with his kind of money are this 'cool'.

LP

Comment

Originally posted by MMPerk
                            He is very easy to approach and talk to. And very down to earth, so few people with his kind of money are this 'cool'.

LP
                            I understand that he's actually "mechanically inclined" as well.. likes to work on stuff and build stuff.. annnddd.. he made his money the old fashioned way... he earned/s it.. very hard worker from what I understand...
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I know Bossman was flying around Ione as of last week. Someone was flying her around the pattern at Eagles Nest. Maybe for a test drive/fly?

Race 29
                              Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Working...
                              X