Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race 57 sold? CONFIRMED

Race 57 Super Corsair sold?
    Herd an unconformed rumor and was asked if any one else has herd aynthing? Don't know? Just asking for a friend.
    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Re: Race 57 sold?

Originally posted by Victor Archer
    Race 57 Super Corsair sold?
    Herd an unconformed rumor and was asked if any one else has herd aynthing? Don't know? Just asking for a friend.
    Hummn...

Got an email query out, kind of makes sense what with all the $$ Robert spent making TOR... That and I believe they have another F2G under restoration..

Would be sad to not see it round the pylons again...

Wayne Sagar
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I think he got hold of Cook Clelands F2G for rebuild & is presently doing that?
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Technically, Race 57 was a Cook Cleland airframe as well. From what I understand, Race 74 was bought by another gentleman, with Bob doing the work.

Comment

Could someone have their 4360's (perhaps Furias) confused?

Comment

Originally posted by Skyracer
            Could someone have their 4360's (perhaps Furias) confused?
            Could be that Jim, or it could be the same sort of thing that happened last week with the "Hoot" demise rumor.. someone else with that call sign passed, so that fact was picked up by *someone* and in the pursuit of the "story" the rumor was started..

If I'm reading my Tarot cards correctly, the other F2G in Robert's inventory WAS sold, a while ago, that fact may now have gained a life of its own and a new "story" could have developed out of it...

Wayne Sagar
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

As posted by TJ Johnasen on WAP...

Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
              World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
                Not sure I can see a clear change of ownership on that one.. Robert winters in AZ...

Wayne Sagar
                "keeper of electrons"
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                  Not sure I can see a clear change of ownership on that one.. Robert winters in AZ...

Wayne Sagar
                  "keeper of electrons"
                  This should clear up some confusion and replaced it with fogginess http://warbirdregistry.org/corsairre...f2g-88457.html the serial number for this recently sold acft is 88457 Race 84. Race 57's serial number is 88458 according to wikipedia.

Comment

Race 57's N number is the link above though, and last time I checked Arizona was not in North Dakota, so on the surface, it looks like it has been sold. Ron Pratt buys muscle cars like kids buy candy, now it seems he is getting into WWII fighters after buying the P-51 Red Dog a couple of years ago. The guy spent just over $5 million to buy one of Shelby's Cobra's in 2007.

Whatch the auction on SPEED starting tonight. Mr. Pratt will be buying more than a few cars. You may not see him until the Fri or Sat show when the big iron rolls across the auction block though.
                    Last edited by T. Adams; 01-13-2009, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams
                      last time I checked Arizona was not in North Dakota, so on the surface, it looks like it has been sold.
                      Could be, and it would be a sad thing to see that airplane out of Robert's hands.. that said, like I said in the post above, though Robert is most identified with ND, he winters at, and has property in Arizona...

What I'm hoping is that *if* the airplane has been sold, it's just a shifting of assets by Robert.

But.. if we discuss that line of thought much further, we're digging into someone's personal finances a lot deeper than I'd like to have us doing here..

I've got an email into Robert, if he chooses to answer it, and gives me permission to share what he says, I'll bring it here...

Wayne Sagar
                      "Electron Pusher"
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar

Wayne Sagar
                        "keeper of electrons"
                        The linked info in the FAA database shows RACE 57 LLC as the applicant with an address in Chandler AZ. A Google Earth check of the address shows what appears to be an upscale home in a new(er) development. A search for "Odegard" in AZ comes up with at least one in Chandler. I guess we shall wait and see.

Comment

Ron Pratt for big bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by bluffman
                            Ron Pratt for big bucks!
                            Five Big Bucks...
                            http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                            http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

It is true

I received an email response from Robert earlier tonight...

"It is true!!! I was offered a deal that only comes along once in a couple life times, I still get to fly it!!!! It is going to the most beautiful museum I have ever seen. It is here in Chandler AZ.

We are also doing another super Corsair ,Race 74, in Kindred that should fly by the end of summer that I can fly anytime I want. Also, I will have the time and resources to finish our other Corsair, an F4U-4 that I started on before Halley (our Daughter) was born, she now is 22 years old and I have'nt finished the plane yet. The average person doesnt believe how much time and money these things take."

A very special thanks to a very special man for bringing so much joy to us during the year's he's flown this airplane! At Reno and everywhere else he's flown it!

Thank you Robert Odegaard!

Wayne Sagar
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X