The Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Blues

I was reading this article about the Blues coming to Reno and had a thought. http://www.rgj.com/article/20090108/NEWS18/90108055
    How cool would it be if the Blue Angels pulled out a few of the old Blue's from Pensacola and did a Blue Angel Heritage Flight.
    Jay Smith

Re: The Blues

A-4's woiuld be quieter, Phantom's would not. But way cool!
    Last edited by Skyracer; 01-09-2009, 12:52 PM.

Comment

My interest in the Blue Angels would be renewed if they could trade their Hornets for Bearcats

Comment

Talk about blind luck, as i got out of my truck to go back to work I saw one take off from Reno about 1:40 or so.......going to be fun to see them back, an airshow i will actually watch because i have not seen it for 20 years in a row!!!

Comment

If you read the article it says: "The team also is scheduled for a one-day show at Naval Air Station Fallon Sept. 11." You local boy's can get a head start on the rest of us with that and the T-6 party Carson. I'm ready to party. Oh yea, I have to work 8 more months first.
          Jay Smith

Comment

A Blue Angel Heritage Flight would be awesome. However as far as I can determine there are only two currently airworthy a/c in BA markings both of course civilian owned, a T-33 and an F8F. There are of course many A-4/TA-4s on the civil registry plus a F4 or two not to mention the DOD's QF4s which after a trip to the spray booth could join such a formation. A SNJ in the "Zero" paint scheme would be perfect paired with a F6F resprayed as one of the original a/c. While I take it that the original premise of this tread was a flyby at this years Reno, the 100th anniversary of Naval Aviation will be in 2011, (also the Blue's 65th) what better "marque showpiece" than a comprehensive as possible "BLUE ANGEL REVIEW. The old Air Zoo's F9F Panther last I read was being rebuilt, probably a long shot and finally though realistically there are no F11Fs that could be made air worthy realistically by 2011, a "portable" static display one should be doable. Of course many if not all of the above scenarios would require private funding not mention tons of paperwork with or without the support of the DOD and especially NavAir.

Frank

Comment

As much as I dearly love the Blue Angels, I've been disappointed by ther 'High/Hot' show. The F/A-18 based routine begs for dense air!
              Don't get me wrong, their demo is still way better than a sharp stick jabbed in the eye!

I will forever love the F-4 show with their signature 'Gray Smoke'!

Comment

Working...
              X