Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Luftwaffe pilot interview

Hi Guys!

Yup! I got to interview a WWII Luftwaffe bomber pilot. He flew the whole war including 93 missions over Russia and got shot down by Yaks!

I hope you like it!

Evan
    http://evanflys.com/

Re: My Luftwaffe pilot interview

Nice work Evan, thanks for sharing. I remember seeing the Arado and the Dornier in the museum in Munich. Beautiful airplanes, maybe the prettiest of that war (sorry 51 fans). I saw them years later at the Garber facility in Maryland and asked if they were on loan. They told me that both had been loaned to the Deutsches museum and the Smithsonian had recently taken them back. Both are now at Udvar-Hazy in Virginia. My son, around your age, got to meet most of the Blue Angels at Udvar-Hazy the last time we were there. Off topic or not, keep posting.

Comment

Originally posted by evanflys
      I hope you like it!
      YEP! Very cool!

Comment

More good stuff Evan. Thanks again.
        Matt
        Super Genius Rocket Scientist
        NCAR Rocks!!!

Comment

Evan - thanks, I enjoyed reading that interview.

As I recall when I visited the Garber facility (Smithsonian Air and Space Museums' preservation facility) the wings were off the Arado but it was assembled when I was in Munich. Had exactly the same experience at the Garber that tim did. It's like we took the same tour on the same day...

My visit to Udvar-Hazy was too early to see the Arado or the Doriner -- just a couple months after it opened. I assume they are both assembled there now. Where those pics (from Munich) went, I have no idea. No camera when I was in DC that time.

If you havent seen the Udvar-Hazy museum, you all should put it on your list. It will eventually house 40% of the collection of the Air and Space Museum, while the museum on the Mall in DC holds only about 10% of the collection.

cheers,

Pete

Comment

Working...
          X