X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Split Thread Investment Woes

Originally posted by wingman
    Well Buck...

I think I'll wait for a few months to see whether my retirement savings recover a bit from the damage caused by good ol' boy President shrub and his very nasty banker buddies. What a bunch of incompetent crooks and clowns...
    Hey... watch it there canuk...

Thinkin, we all have our clowns.. no matter wherer we happen to live...

All's we can do is shoot em or support em...

Since shooting pretty much sux... guess we support em//

Ya think??

Wayne Sagar
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: SALUTE TO LEFTY & WHITE LIGHTNIN'

Actually no -- I think the incompetent son of a bitch should have been locked up back when he first lied to us about WMD. My problem right now is that I've been talking to relatives and reading history and economics over the Holidays. I have a sister who manages a nice restaurant -- her business is down 50%, she's laying off friends, she is putting two kids through University and wondering if she'll ever be able to retire. My brother is a painting contractor -- his business down 40% year over year and last year was not a good one. My other brother is a bookseller -- same story. My other sister is a teacher so she'll have a little pension but her husband builds houses -- how do you think his business is doing?

You could see this coming -- 5 or 6 years ago Warren Buffett was talking about financial derivatives being "Weapons of financial mass destruction" and boy was he right. But Shrub and his crooked banking buddies just kept printing money and collecting their bonuses til the house of cards collapsed. And it ain't done yet -- there's still a whole sh%tpile of chickens out there looking for a place to roost. We hired Shrub to take care of things, and he didn't -- that's all there is to it. This happened on his watch and it didn't have to happen. The ship is sinking and he was the Captain...

I am very very angry about where we are at this point. America has by far the highest National debt in the history of civilisation. There is literally no way this debt can ever be paid off. Our Grandkids are gonna curse our memories.

Yeah, I guess you could say I'm a bit pissed off...

And, I'm buying Gold and Gold stocks right now because at some point in the next 3 or 4 years the U. S. dollar is gonna be worth a whole lot less than it's worth now.

And I'm not a Canadian, even if I live here right now -- I am American through and through and I have my discharge papers from the U. S. Army to prove it.

Comment

"Ah'em..." Gentlemen, Please don't lose the intended thread focus - a memorial salute of respect in honor of Lefty Gardner & his enduring aviation legacy.

Thanks. DBD

Comment

Sorry Buck -- You are right. I shouldn't post so soon after talking to relatives, obviously. Scotch whiskey doesn't help matters either. Hope my "portrait" in the previous post makes it up.

I have missed Lefty a lot these last few years...

Neal

Comment

Actually no -- I think the incompetent son of a bitch should have been locked up back when he first lied to us about WMD. My problem right now is that I've been talking to relatives and reading history and economics over the Holidays. I have a sister who manages a nice restaurant -- her business is down 50%, she's laying off friends, she is putting two kids through University and wondering if she'll ever be able to retire. My brother is a painting contractor -- his business down 40% year over year and last year was not a good one. My other brother is a bookseller -- same story. My other sister is a teacher so she'll have a little pension but her husband builds houses -- how do you think his business is doing?

You could see this coming -- 5 or 6 years ago Warren Buffett was talking about financial derivatives being "Weapons of financial mass destruction" and boy was he right. But Shrub and his crooked banking buddies just kept printing money and collecting their bonuses til the house of cards collapsed. And it ain't done yet -- there's still a whole sh%tpile of chickens out there looking for a place to roost. We hired Shrub to take care of things, and he didn't -- that's all there is to it. This happened on his watch and it didn't have to happen. The ship is sinking and he was the Captain...

I am very very angry about where we are at this point. America has by far the highest National debt in the history of civilisation. There is literally no way this debt can ever be paid off. Our Grandkids are gonna curse our memories.

And, I'm buying Gold and Gold stocks right now because at some point in the next 3 or 4 years the U. S. dollar is gonna be worth a whole lot less than it's worth now.

And I'm not a Canadian, even if I live here right now -- I am American through and through and I have my discharge papers from the U. S. Army to prove it.
          Neal,

You conveniently forget that it was the Dems that set up GSEs to "increase access to home ownership." It began back in the Carter administration to elminate the evil bankers' practice of "redlining" -- financial natural selection -- defined areas of credit worthiness.

The lesson from the subprime mess -- you can break fundamental rules, but if youre the Dems and you have media on your side, you can cover your tracks and blame the other guys!

2004 Congressional Hearings on Impending Subprime Mess

Please note the the D vs. R after each name.

Comment

Could we move the political discussion into another thread or even an "off topic" forum? While I am as interested in this issue as much as the next person, as it has affected me greatly, I hate to see the remembrances and comments about one of my favorite pilots of all time tainted by political commentary.

Just asking.

Comment

Lance -- I completely agree with you on this -- it was late at night, I was into the Scotch, Wayne asked a question and I replied. My post was inappropriate and does not belong here. I would just like it deleted. I would do so, except that I can't after a certain time period. I think Wayne will take care of it...

Neal

Comment

Lance -- I completely agree with you on this -- it was late at night, I was into the Scotch, Wayne asked a question and I replied. My post was inappropriate and does not belong here. I would just like it deleted. I would do so, except that I can't after a certain time period. I think Wayne will take care of it...

Neal
                Neal... Scotch or Beer... alcohol and keyboards don't mix... My response to your first post was really meant far more tongue in cheek than it came off...

Moved split thread here where it belongs...

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Neal
                  What brand of Scotch were you drinking that night might I ask? I have a preference for The Macallan myself.

Comment

Working...
                  X