Blue skies Lefty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue skies Lefty

WIX is reporting that Lefty has left us yesterday. Thanks for the memories Lefty. Rad

Re: Blue skies Lefty

Very sorry to hear this. He was a Great enterainer and a great man. My prayers are with the Gardner Family
    Jay Smith

Comment

Blue skies "Lefty". Thanks for all the great flying over the years. My prayers & thoughts are with the family.I'm glad I have the "Sky Fire" film on him as I've watched it many times.
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

I recieved this from a mutual friend... perhaps reading these words will make those who knew and loved him feel better about his passing...

"Heard from Ladd this morning. He passed peacefully in his sleep. Services Monday, Trinity Baptist Church in Kerrville, TX."

Lefty will now always fly the birds he wants, as low or high has he wants to! Every time the engines start on his beloved "White Lightnin'" turn over, no matter who she belongs to or what she looks like, Lefty will have his hand on the throttles...

He will be greatly missed by all who he touched. Our thoughts and prayers for his family.

Blue Skies Lefty!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Sorry to see him leave the party.....Blessings for the family.....I will raise a glass for him later today....Thanks for all the memories.

Comment

My Prayers go out to the family

Sorry To Hear to hear that but on the Brighter side

Reno is going to be very interesting upstairs next year!!
            Last edited by RRMERLIN7; 12-25-2008, 04:34 PM.
            W.Hughes

Comment

Wow - I have a lot of memories that fly with Lefty at the controls. Adding my prayers to those already posted for the family and friends.
              Mike S
              www.indyairshow.com
              www.indytransponder.com

Comment

I'm glad he got to see ol' White Lightning re-built into a brand new P-38 once again before he left us. Regardless of who owns or flies her now, she'll always be Lefty's plane to me.

Blue skys, Mr. Gardner...Reno never would have been the same without you and WL tearing up the skies.

Peace be with you.

Comment

I would like to add my condolences to the Gardners and wish him Blue Skies. I had the privilege to know him for many years and to fly with him.
                  He will always be a legend in my mind as he was the first "Colonel" I met at an airshow many years ago in San Marcos, Texas after performing in the White Lighting.......

Lynn

Comment

I never had the good fortune of seeing Lefty race or fly an aerobatic demonstration in White Lightning. I did however attend a symposium that he had in the Washington, D.C. area when I was in high school as a young aspiring aviator. He was speaking to general aviation pilots at an FAA aviation safety briefing. He shared many stories of flying the P-38. I will never forget the advice he gave us pilots: Approach flying by keeping your attitude in the red zone. Keep your head on a swivel. If you become too comfortable in the cockpit and allow yourself to drift into a "green" comfort zone, that's when things will go wrong and you won't be in the right frame of mind to react and rely on the things you were taught.

Lefty was a great man, and a great "stick". He will truly be missed by many in the aviation community in general. My thoughts and prayers are with the Gardner family.

Godspeed Colonel!!

Comment

I saw the obituary in the Austin paper this morning. I only met Lefty in passing at air shows many years ago, but the enduring impression, and the one conveyed by the memorial text, is of a man who was an amazing character in all aspects of his life.

Blue skies, Lefty. And deepest condolences to the Gardner family.

Comment

Sad news indeed. Great guy, great pilot. He will be missed.
                        "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe
                          I'm glad he got to see ol' White Lightning re-built into a brand new P-38 once again before he left us. Regardless of who owns or flies her now, she'll always be Lefty's plane to me.

Blue skys, Mr. Gardner...Reno never would have been the same without you and WL tearing up the skies.

Peace be with you.
                          Was this in person or via video. I thought I read that he did not get to see the 38 fly. I had hoped he would.

Jim

Comment

Was initially a site with the goal of helping get the airplane back in the air while in the Gardner family... it will probably live on as a tribute to the man and his airplanes..

Wayne Sagar

PS.. some video there as well..
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Blue skies forever Lefty. Thanks for all the great shows and racing. I am sure you will show up in Reno every year in spirit. Stay low, go fast, and turn left.

Frank C.

Comment

Working...
                              X