B-25 over the south bay today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-25 over the south bay today...

Around 2o pm, I left a friend's house in San Martin (pronounced San Mar-`TEEN) to head back home to Mtn View, 40 miles to the north.

While departing, I noticed the B-25 was still sitting there within eyeshot of the freeway at South County Airport.

Well, back at home an hour and a half later that day, around 3:30 pm, I heard a loud piston aircraft outside and commented "that sounds old..."

Running outside, I saw a silver/grey B-25 with invasion stripes painted on the wings passing overhead, heading northwest, possibly towards San Carlos airport or S.F. beyond that.. I THINK it was the same plane I saw at South County. Anyone else see/hear it?

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 12-06-2008, 11:10 PM.

Re: B-25 over the south bay today...

I saw it too. I started a thread at fencecheck and got one response

Tim
    http://evanflys.com/

Comment

I drove out to Hollister today around 10:30 and there was a crowd around the B-25. On my way back home around 1:30 the B-25 was on a tug and was being moved. Not sure what happened after that. Here are some pictures from Hollister from today. Please remember I'm not a photo man. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&id=526605869
      Jay Smith

Comment

Facebook won't let me see the album. It just sends me to a sign-up page. Any way to view 'em without being forced to join them?

Comment

Let try this
          Jay Smith

Comment

And Some More
            Jay Smith

Comment

AirDOGGe, I posted some pictures and then tried to post Some More but it said that I had too many pictures stored. So I deleted them and posted some more. I didn't know that they would be deleted from the post also. I will re-post the other pictures again later.
              Jay Smith

Comment

Originally posted by J.SMITH
                I drove out to Hollister today around 10:30 and there was a crowd around the B-25. On my way back home around 1:30 the B-25 was on a tug and was being moved. Not sure what happened after that. Here are some pictures from Hollister from today. Please remember I'm not a photo man. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&id=526605869
                That ship is green and not likely flyable as it's being prepped for tear-down and restoration. The one they are describing sounds like the same one Lance saw flying low over Santa Clara Friday afternoon.
                Matt
                Super Genius Rocket Scientist
                NCAR Rocks!!!

Comment

AirDogee, Here is a public link. Let me know if it works.

Jay Smith

Comment

That worked. Thenk Yew...

Comment

We were in a 3 ship formation over the bay yesterday and saw him flying.
                      CFI/CFII/MEI
                      www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com
                      www.InvertedCast.com - InvertedCast, The All Aviation Podcast!

Comment

For those of you who don't already know, the B-25 was Photo Fanny from PoF. Johnny Maloney and John Hinton were flying Paul Bowen for a photo shoot for Global Express. They based out of SJC for 4 days.

Spaghetti

Comment

Working...
                        X