from the news section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from the news section

Latest word (in the news section of AAFO.com) and no, this isn't from Wayne, but it says that WWII and Korean war veterans are not eligible for lifetime health benfits. How pathetic this is. Put your life on the line for this country and the government says thanks, but screw you..... Is this another line of PC? MG
    MG

Mike,

That would be the "morover" news service that we use which links to various news websites from around the world.. link to story.. http://www.darnews.com/display/inn_news/news6.txt

Does sound sort of nasty doesn't it..

Wayne Sagar
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

You bet, I can't wait to hear what the government will do for the vets who served in vietnam and todays military which is about to go to war.. Makes me sick...MG
      MG

Comment

yep, REALLY makes me wanna get up leave everything i have here and go half way round the world and take some human being's lives, lose friends, lose a part of myself and spend millions of tax-payers dollars....
        heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Originally posted by matt
          yep, REALLY makes me wanna get up leave everything i have here and go half way round the world and take some human being's lives, lose friends, lose a part of myself and spend millions of tax-payers dollars....
          Hey Matt, sounds like you're about ready to go then.. Not *quite* old enough yet but keep the faith buddy...

Wayne Sagar
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

rest assured i won't run away from a war with iraq, but i can't bring myself to take lives for this administration. i think a better place for me would be medivac or sea bees.
            heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Originally posted by matt
              rest assured i won't run away from a war with iraq, but i can't bring myself to take lives for this administration. i think a better place for me would be medivac or sea bees.
              Matt, no truer hero ever lived than those who go in to save the wounded!

Some of the stories from all of our conflicts will bring tears to your eyes.

God Bless all of them!

Wayne Sagar
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Unfortunately, in this day and age, it's better to stay out of the military. Pres. Bush says there will be no draft. (so far ). but back in the 70's, I graduated high school, Vietnam was still going on, altho slowing down, the draft was going on, altho slowing as well. I knew I wasn't going to run away to Canada with my tail between my legs, so I went into the air guard. fortunately, from 1974 to 1980 we weren't used at all. so, I did my 6 years in the guard, got my education and got out. Didn't get any other benefits other than the ed. But I wasn't drafted either... some still say that was a chicken way of doiing my time. But regardless, I did my time and was proud of it. I truly feel for the men and women of today.
                MG

Comment

wayne, i have several books on operations done in vietnam, and they are, to say the least, heart-wrenching.

if it were a president like Lincoln or FDR i would say ok, let's go. but for me to kill for a man that can no longer get a job at McDonalds' for his...frivolous adolescence is not my idea of a worthy cause.

my worry is being drafted, i believe that it is possible that a war with iraq now could be much longer than the previous one, requiring a draft to be enstated.
                  heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Working...
                  X