Riff Raff and others in 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riff Raff and others in 2009

I recall hearing the announcers at Reno say something Sunday about Riff Raff being back in 2009 but I only caught about half of what they said.

What is the story there?

Also, does anyone have an update on who owns F2G #74 and how close it is to flying?

What about Miss Merced?

Has the new owner of September Pops been revealed public?

Did Risky Business or Bad Attitude ever sell?

Questions...questions.

Re: Riff Raff and others in 2009

Miss Merced is a hanger queen not seeing any flying in some time. No deals on Mike Brown equipment. Besides, now that the crew is gone, he may be changing his mind again and wanting to come back. Furias is at the Sanders hangar beginning a full race program financed by a former Sea Fury owner who wants to go fast. Also, another veteran racing Sea Fury may be up for sale this winter.
    Oh boy, this is fun!

Comment

Risky Business does not have a engine

Comment

Now there's a reply that raises both eyebrows and more questions!

So no deal done on Pops yet?

I've been wondering whether the current economic situation would have much effect on the Warbird market in general and the Racer market in particular. If the banks ain't lending, which it seems they are not, even the real high roller types may have trouble financing expensive toys. How many of us could just write a check for a Million out of our checking account?

So Furias AND money are converging in Ione... Wonder how that might affect the likelihood of Dread sled getting repaired in time for Reno 2009???

"former Sea Fury owner who wants to go fast" Hmmm, I'm just trying to rack my slowly disappearing brain cells here...

Been very curious about the Rhino birds myself. Don't forget that he's a big time property developer -- Many of those types are having a real problem these days...

So many questions...

Comment

Wingman,

Answers await you if you use the Internet and the Furias N#, plus maybe a trip to the Warbird Registry on WIX, and some basic research skills. My curiousity finally couldn't wait anymore, and I did all that the other day.

Comment

Organic noll...
            Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
            World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by Sneauxman
              Oh boy, this is fun!

more like, Oh boy unlimited is going to suck this year!
              CFI/CFII/MEI
              www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com
              www.InvertedCast.com - InvertedCast, The All Aviation Podcast!

Comment

Last time I saw Miss Merced was in 2004, it's still here in Wisconsin.

At Oshkosh it was said the Mike Keenum bought another 3350 for Riff-Raff, and it will be back in 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams
                  Last time I saw Miss Merced was in 2004, it's still here in Wisconsin.

At Oshkosh it was said the Mike Keenum bought another 3350 for Riff-Raff, and it will be back in 2009.
                  She "needs" to be at Reno next year
                  "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Lowell
                    Wingman,

Answers await you if you use the Internet and the Furias N#, plus maybe a trip to the Warbird Registry on WIX, and some basic research skills. My curiousity finally couldn't wait anymore, and I did all that the other day.
                    There's a bunch more info that will surface in, probably, not too long (good Christmas present for us?) regarding Furias... For now, we've been asked to keep a lid on much speculation about the new owner and plans for the airplane...

It's all good tho!!

Wayne Sagar
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Inverted
                      more like, Oh boy unlimited is going to suck this year!
                      No Way Jose!

You just wait....

As always, it will be different than the year before but in no way will "suck" be a descriptive word!!

Wayne Sagar
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                      X