Happy Thanksgiving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Thanksgiving!

This is such a wonderful time of year! Thanksgiving giving way to Christmas, and a New Year! Patricia and I have so many things to be Thankful for. We have an Outstanding race Team, a wonderful airplane in which we get blast pylons, and go places, to see God's creations!

We have wonderful friends who have helped us in so many ways to be where we are today! Without them, we don't know where we would be, we just know that we wouldn't be where we are this day.

We are humbled to be part of such an AWESOME air racing community, with all the fans, racers, crews, spectacular airplanes, and the outstanding people of the Reno Air Races. All of which make it happen for all of us to participate, and enjoy! We are truly blessed.

Once again this year I am most Thankful for my wonderful LOVING wife, and racing partner, Patricia! Whom as you may remember, as I do everyday, gave me the Gift of Life in the gift of a kidney. She truly saved my life with her gift, none could be better! Those words seem so small compared to what I feel. I am indeed Blessed!

We would like to say how Thankful we are for all the blessings in our life with a special thanks for this year of racing in which we are especially thankful for.... Giddyup 409!

It sounds corny, however, we would like to invite each of you to think of all the things to be Thankful for this season, and share with the rest of us. Thanks again for all of you who come by this wonderful place, and Thank You Wayne for hosting, AWESOME!

Lastly, as a great friend and one of the greatest racers of all time, Ray Cote, has said: "God Bless all that have gone before us".

Here's to FAST PLANES!

Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, and a Happy Fast 2009!
    Cheers,
    Jon and Patricia Sharp, and Team Nemesis

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Wow Jon... I'm humbled!!

You and Trish certainly share life in a very unique way... thanks for all that you do and for the decade and more of excititement you've brought to the sport!

Cheers!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

A wonderful tribute to the air racing community & thanks for all you & your team have given over the years. Good health & happiness to all in the coming year.
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

We at NAG wish that all our friends Racers, Crew's and just plain fans have a very happy Thanksgiving
        NAG Editor
        John Clark

Comment

Jon, Once again you display the class and grace that fans like my friends & I have come to respect & enjoy, year in and year out. Air racing is made up of people with immense talent and abilities, yet the huge egos you would expect seem to be almost non-existent. Hats off to you and the rest of the air racing community.

Like you, I have a lot to be thankful for, but keeping with the air racing theme; I am very thankful for the opportunity to meet and speak with some amazing people, racers, crew members and fans. I've made some great friends in the brief 10 years I've been attending. Some of the best friends I've ever had and I literally can not wait till next September to see them again. Joel & Denyse, Jay, Lance, Mike, Chris, Bob, and many others have enriched my life.

Jon, that first year I attended, it was raining and you invited my brother Pat & I under your canopy and introduced us to Arrogant Bastard Ale and gave us a great tour of Nemesis and introduced us to your crew & friends. We've been hooked ever since (on the races & the beer). I'm thankful for the intro & for your openness. Any new attendee would be hooked forever after an experience like that. You & your team are great ambassadors for the sport.

Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends in the air racing community.

Matt
          Matt
          Super Genius Rocket Scientist
          NCAR Rocks!!!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving Jon, Trish and the whole crew. Aside from all the other blessings I am thankful for I am thankful for great pilots and the dedicated people behind them.

Comment

Working...
            X